- Rated 5 out of 5by hallou89, a year agoIt's very close to becoming my favorite tabs manager, but there is room for improvement.
- Quickly find open tabs using keyboard shortcut, will bring up search box and let you browse through a list that matches pattern, in addition you can close by simply pressing the DEL key on the selected tab.
- The quick search will find tabs for ALL open windows, not just for the current window.
- Tab preview is large and looks awesome, same size as microsoft Edge preview.
- Doesn't resize your browsing context/perspective each time you open the list, unlike TST.
- doesn't show many context menu operation for selected tab on list, again unlike TST which shows the full set of context menu operation.
- doesn't 'always' allow arrow keys to be used to browse the list up and down, i have to hit backspace in empty search box then press enter to search, this will move focus from search box to tab list allowing me to browse, but doesn't always work.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Kelvin Chin, a year agoAwesome tab management addon, like the idea of using multiple windows to organize tabs, and it done its jobs very well and in a simplest way
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 11741070, a year agoI love this - the tab search is just f***ing great ! Thank you BillK
- Rated 3 out of 5by Blinkertoon, 2 years agoNice and simple with some interesting features, only.. not confident enough to use it when there's no info re saving/restoring sessions - and nowhere I can find to ask questions about this??
- Rated 5 out of 5by Yuri Faria, 2 years agoI will stop to use it as I realized Simple Tab Groups works better for me because I don't open that much windows, but Tabby is a very useful and fast extension. The only problem I see is that it's not clear to me how to use the "save websites for later" functionality.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Noone, 2 years agoFrom my experience it isn't very good. All I have seen it do is basically save a window session without much indication to be restored for later. I wouId suggest Onetab, Tabmerger or simple tab groups instead.
- Rated 2 out of 5by smayer97, 2 years agoUPDATE Sep 22, 2022
BUG: Lost ALL MY window labels.
Started to label my windows. Did about 20-30. Then a short while after, lost all the labels (a week or a few days?)
Without the window labels become far less useful as a tool.
UPDATE Sep 12, 2022
- If search tabs, will only show the first 80 windows (I have 92 ATM with over 2100 tabs)
- when remove search, you can access all windows BUT the scrollbar disappears beyond the bottom of the window.
- when first open, bring CURRENT tab into focus (Tabs Helper addon can do this)
- when search, bring first resulting tab into focus
- default Window name to current tab of window. To differentiate from manually defined window name, make it italics or something
- option to sort named windows alphabetically
- add (x) to quickly clear search field
- STILL need speed imporovements!
(Tabs Helper addon can do much of this)
From Jul 11, 2021:
Things I really like:
- Preview feature - saves SO MUCH TIME!!! (I have HUNDREDS of tabs open... currently 1600+)
- filters out all tabs that do not match, across ALL WINDOWS!
Things I'd like to see:
- ability to choose to NOT show windows that have ZERO matching tabs
- speed improvement... not sure why speed is inconsistent... sometimes it is fast, other times it is slow, even searching for the same thing
- ability to remember the last few searches, like is a small drop-down menu
- if start typing too soon, misses some of the characters
- settings - changing size greater than 760 x 600 creates vertical and horizontal scrollbars for the list but does not create a bigger pop-up.... Please allow pop-up window itself to be bigger...
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14101391, 2 years agoA-maz-ing!! This is hands down the BEST add-on EVER! I'm one of those, 87 tabs open in 3 different windows, persons. Tabby has SAVED me. It's slightly unnerving at first when it's hard to tell if they're "really" saved, but they are! I recommend you clean up your tabs as much as possible from the drop-down before you save them in Tabby so you don't wind up with too much junk in "Other Bookmarks" which is where your Tabby bookmarks will go. Thank you, TabbyBill!!