- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 5905964, 10 months agoIf I've denied the permission for tab preview, just go ahead and disable the preference for that instead of bothering me again and again about it.
Developer responseposted 10 months agoThat should not be happening! I think the problem is that the actual Firefox permission popup opens *behind* the Tabby window, so even though Tabby is supposed to automatically disable tab previews once the user denies the permission, it doesn't get a chance to since it's already closed. I'll have to find a workaround for that but for now can you try disabling tab previews directly from the options page?
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 12674307, a year agoTried it. Changed the size settings and the box is now blank and I can't access settings anymore from anywhere. Deleting and re-adding doesn't get it back. Settings are saved and I see no way to reset it. Nothing on the github either. Thanks, but useless now.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Zaphod Beebledoc, 3 years agoVery easy to use. I created a second window and renamed it. Closed both windows, the newly created one first. Then I reopened Firefox, but while thesecond window as availiable to open, the name I'd given it had gone.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Christian, 3 years agoReally good and does what it says. I do find scrolling through tabs to be very haphazard though and the shortcut for the search bar just goes to current tab. Great otherwise thanks !
- Rated 4 out of 5by ibnMuhammad, 3 years agoGreat addon - this is exactly what mozilla/firefox should have implemented instead of the fairly useless "List all tabs" drop-down menu with rubbish UI.
I love that this allows you to move/reorder tabs inside this menu, as well as search for tabs within the menu, and hover over to discover which tabs are active/inactive, together with screenshot of the active tabs.
Again, this is exactly what Firefox should already have.
I few suggestions for improvements however...
🔷 the right-click "Send tab to..." menu option which appears after installing this is really quite annoying, so I wish it were possible to disable it.
🔷 it's great that you allow adjusting font size for the list, but the drop-down height should occupy the entire height of the screen, not just up to 600 pixels!
🔷 hovering over the tabs in menu should also highlight the tab in the window, exactly as if you were hovering over with the mouse. Because a user may have countless tabs open from the same domain, which uses the same favicon, so it becomes confusing which has been selected.
🔷 unlike "Firefox user 15037318" below, I don't agree that it should count pinned tabs, as you can only have so many, unlike tabs. It would be more useful if the icon (or menu) displayed total number of tabs / windows along with number of inactive tabs - similar to the "Tab Tally" addon.
🔷 It would also be useful if the menu also highlighted any duplicate tabs (based on url and title).
Otherwise, as mentioned, exactly what mozilla should have implemented for listing tabs.
Thank you Shiko 👍
- Rated 4 out of 5by artemgur, 4 years agoI have some ideas how to improve the addon. Consider moving the search bar to the left of the window, there is a lot of unused space there and removing that blank space at the bottom of the window. That will free some space and will make it possible to increase the height of the tabs list and increase the number of tabs we see. If you do that, the addon will be perfect and I will rate it 5)
- Rated 4 out of 5by eUROs, 4 years agoExcellent extension. I quite like this feature: " save all tabs for later" and mostly the Preview of the tabs on the Left when you Hover-Over them! This is very handy! But you can see the tab's preview, only if the Tab is already Loaded. (If it is muted, you can not see the Preview). Also the number of tabs would be very helpful to be displayed. Fix this please and I will give all 5 stars! * I am also curious to know where do those tabs get save? in which folder on the PC? Because There is no Option to Create account with TABBY...
- Rated 4 out of 5by Detergent, 4 years agoBecause of the preview thumbnails, this is quite handy when you have a lot of tabs open and quickly want to look for a tab even if you don't know the name of the specific article or website off the top of your head.
However, the performance of the addon needs to be improved when there are a lot of tabs open because in that case the addon becomes super laggy.