- Rated 2 out of 5by Cam NYC, 5 months agoI'm sorry, developer, but I've tried and tried to get a manual for this extension, to no avail. The user interface is not so obvious that you don't need one.
You say "You can even save all you windows and tabs for later with just one click!" - ok, then, how do I do that? I had a ton of tabs open, clicked on the "save websites for later", closed firefox, and when I came back there was no sign of those tabs anywhere! I'm so aggravated!
Please include documentation for your project! Your shortcuts don't help. A window is a collection of tabs? Or is that the little folder icon? Shortcut for opening last window does not work for me.
Why do you assume we know these things? Btw, I'm computer savvy, even dabble in a couple of programming languages. And yet I cannot use your extension!
Developer responseposted 5 months agoOnce you click on the "save websites for later" button and it shows you a checkmark indicating it saved successfully, you just need to click the second button right below it and it will restore everything. I hoped it would be visible and clear since it's shown immediately on the front page.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by the little folder icon, but all the tabs should just show up directly on the front. Windows should say "Window 1", 2, and so on. In that way yeah it's a collection of tabs.
As for the shortcuts it's kind of a spaghetti of different operating systems having different shortcut conflicts, and so I've tried to make it so that it's easy to change the shortcuts to your own specifications. See: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/manage-extension-shortcuts-firefox (It's in the settings page for future reference)
- Rated 2 out of 5by Noone, 2 years agoFrom my experience it isn't very good. All I have seen it do is basically save a window session without much indication to be restored for later. I wouId suggest Onetab, Tabmerger or simple tab groups instead.
- Rated 2 out of 5by smayer97, 2 years agoUPDATE Sep 22, 2022
BUG: Lost ALL MY window labels.
Started to label my windows. Did about 20-30. Then a short while after, lost all the labels (a week or a few days?)
Without the window labels become far less useful as a tool.
UPDATE Sep 12, 2022
- If search tabs, will only show the first 80 windows (I have 92 ATM with over 2100 tabs)
- when remove search, you can access all windows BUT the scrollbar disappears beyond the bottom of the window.
- when first open, bring CURRENT tab into focus (Tabs Helper addon can do this)
- when search, bring first resulting tab into focus
- default Window name to current tab of window. To differentiate from manually defined window name, make it italics or something
- option to sort named windows alphabetically
- add (x) to quickly clear search field
- STILL need speed imporovements!
(Tabs Helper addon can do much of this)
From Jul 11, 2021:
Things I really like:
- Preview feature - saves SO MUCH TIME!!! (I have HUNDREDS of tabs open... currently 1600+)
- filters out all tabs that do not match, across ALL WINDOWS!
Things I'd like to see:
- ability to choose to NOT show windows that have ZERO matching tabs
- speed improvement... not sure why speed is inconsistent... sometimes it is fast, other times it is slow, even searching for the same thing
- ability to remember the last few searches, like is a small drop-down menu
- if start typing too soon, misses some of the characters
- settings - changing size greater than 760 x 600 creates vertical and horizontal scrollbars for the list but does not create a bigger pop-up.... Please allow pop-up window itself to be bigger...
- Rated 2 out of 5by McBob, 3 years agoA fantastic Addon, but as I haven't found any place I can ask questions about the Addon, I'm asking a question here. Is there any way to delete all the results of a filter in the Tabby window with just a single command? The filter is fantastic when I have multiple tabs open at the same site for pictures or other media, but I can't find any way to easily close all those tabs that match the filter, but rather have to click to close each one.
"Close all shown tabs" functionality would be an amazing feature to add to your already-amazing Addon.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 14715700, 3 years agoInteresting functionality, but the content of the popup window is too large, while the window itsself is just too small. I can't even see 10 tabs at once ... The normal Tabbar shows more Tabs at once ...
@Dev: No I didn't find settings. I tried rightclicking the icon and looking in the addons tab, where other addons have an extra tab next to "overview" and "permissions".
Developer responseposted 3 years agoHi! Have you tried editing the settings? If you go into Add-ons, and click on the three dots beside Tabby and click on Preferences, it will open the settings page where you can set the scale of everything in the popup, and the size of the popup window itself. (the settings page is quite hidden right now, so I will fix that in the future release)
Edit: Tabby actually has a standalone settings page, which is why it isn't in one of the tabs. I created this guide with images on how to access the settings page. I do admit that it is hard to describe in words how to access the page. I hope this helps! https://github.com/Bill13579/tabby/wiki/How-to-Access-the-Settings-Page
- Rated 2 out of 5by Nibinaear, 3 years agoVery slow and takes forever to create previews. Has no progress bar so you don't know if each tab preview is loading, loaded, or anything. The window is too small as well.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 13119159, 5 years agoMeh. Doesn't really do anything I can't already do with other extensions I already have. Additionally, the most attractive feature, which is the ability to preview tabs when hovering, is rendered basically useless since it doesn't show anything until a tab is actually loaded, and then only after you load it, move away from it, then return. Kind of pointless when FF default now is not to load any tabs until they are selected.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Cool Franz, 5 years agoIt's very useful, but it lacks a quick way to move tabs between windows (e.g. a "move to window" button).
Also, when first installed, it showed in the tab list a whole set of tabs that are not actually open (I have no clue about where it took them from).
EDIT: I found a new bug: it prevents tabs from auto-loading when selected. This is pretty annoying...