- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14732172, 5 years agothere are no instrutions that i can find i need to save my bookmarks but can not figer out howApologies, a set of instructions is long overdue for this extension. In the meantime you are more than welcome to contact me with any questions directly:
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13547985, 5 years agoMany many years ago, I made recommendations to xmarks for "profile" then they implement it.
Why do we need "profile"? Some time we need to sync bookmarks between different PC and locations but not every bookmarks need to be. Maybe I want to sync or store a folder "work" in laptop but I don't want to sync it to my desktop which is use for personal.
For example, profile1 include bookmarks a,b,c. profile2 include bookmarks a.c. profile3 include bookmarks a,b. Bookmarks a will be sync between different device and bookmarks b and c will just have a backup.I'm glad you have found syncmarx! The reason there is a "profile" btw is that I found it to be the most simplistic way to replace XMarks. The goal of syncmarx is to "make your bookmarks look the same" across browsers, which is how most users used XMarks. If additional sync customization is added, there needs to be a UI for organizing all of those settings. For now I have decided to prioritize cross-browser support and increasing the number of third-party file hosts rather than additional functionality. I may consider more customization soon, but I am also considering releasing this project on Github soon so that others may contribute.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Phantasma, 5 years agoWow, finally a great bookmark-syncing add-on, everything works perfectly. Thank you!
Developer: Is it possible to merge 2 profiles (example Firefox and Chrome that are merged together), without messing your original bookmarks?!Glad you like it! Currently merging independent bookmark sets together is not supported yet as the data contained in the profile is always used as the source of truth. But I am looking into possible approaches for this.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13942275, 5 years agoThis is what I need after the xmarks stopped working. It uses dropbox to store the bookmark. Works very well!
I have been using it for two years, still the best among all what I have tried. Wonder why this is still not one of the most popular extensions yet.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 12987417, 5 years agoGreat extension !
I was looking for it since a long time.
For next updates :
- Save on Nextcloud (= new Onecloud) ?
- Is there a way to open/edit .syncmarx file ?
Thanks for your great job !
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14188058, 6 years agoThis is a little gem that really benefit me in bringing my bookmarks everywhere. Thank you, hope you keep developing it and keep it operating. It already meet my needs.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14108674, 6 years agoDo the job.
Not all the stuff you could expect to recover from the loss of xmarks, but the MVP is here and I'm sure any constructive or warm feedback will be appreciated by the author.
- create backup file on demand (or at a defined period)
- create user-friendly interface to visualize backup and/or create firefox/chrome converter from backup to html
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13333421, 6 years agoI'm pre-emptively giving this 5 stars because of what it is - a replacement for XMARKS - a product that I've been using since it was Foxmarks and for all intents and purposes was perfect, and I adored every bit of it. I've been bewildered by the fact that no one else had a properly competing bookmark manager to XMARKS. Since XMARKS is now gone, I've invested quite some time investigating other managers, but frankly they're all rubbish. I was just about resigned to using Firefox's god-awful sync manager when I stumbled across SyncMarx. I will not yet commit my bookmarks to it, but I've installed it so that I can monitor its progress (through updates) over the next few weeks/months. It seems very promising and based on the comments so far, it appears to have gotten off to a great start! Note to the developer: Please develop it so that it keeps all the bookmarks in the order they are organized in. I am (and I imagine many who use bookmark managers are the same) a bookmark organization freak. That is a huge priority for me and I am hoping it will be a standard feature of SyncMarx. That being said, thanks for your efforts! Many are pulling for you, as am I! Cheers!!
- Rated 5 out of 5by tplaccnt, 6 years agoGreat!
It's still alpha and already very useful.
I really don't understand people here who are complaining about missing functions, no one of them ever tried to do something with their own hands, just whiny, lazy bones.
The author seems to be a one-man-show, he does a great job for all of the firefox users, THANK YOU!
And don't forget, the large. commercial, money earning Xmarks team with all their resources was UNABLE to MAINTAIN something useful, shame on Xmarks!
- Rated 1 out of 5by naszat, 6 years agoDosen't work. Plugin icon is ok, but after clicking it shows dialog with Please wait, and you can wait forever. No configuration options available from extensions menu.
#Edit (aditional info about FF)
Stable version, Firefox - ESR 52, on multiple PC's (windows and linux)
Developer responseposted 6 years agoI'm sorry to hear that! Of course since the app is still in alpha there are bound to be some kinks. I will log your issue and be sure it gets investigated. If you have any other detail on the issue, such as what version of Firefox you were using, please let me know as it would be helpful. I hope you'll try Syncmarx again some time once it reaches a more stable beta!