Rated 4.8 out of 5
4.8 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 12634745, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Amazing! It should serve as standard of a properly written add-on for other developers. Small feature suggestion: add an option for appending selection to clipboard. This could be a real click-saver and a replacement for addons like "AddMoreTextToClipboard" or "Text MultiCopy". It could have the following options:
1. Append to clipboard (no separator)
2. Append to clipboard (add line break)
3. Append to clipboard (add double line break)
4. Clear clipboard.Thank you very much for the review! :) The suggestions were noted down. A few users have suggested more features related to the clipboard as well, so these will be analyzed in conjunction. Most of them require the permission to read from the clipboard, which some users will find alarming. I'll have to check this. ;)
- by Firefox user 14961303, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5hello and thanks for this good add on. is there any way that i can sync search bar of firefox with the sss context menu. I imported the search.json.mozlz4 but I want when change the order of engines and add some new ones, the searchbar synces with that. what should i do? is it possible at all? i get an export file but I didnt know what should i do...Hello and thank you for the review. :)
If I understand correctly, you want to add new engines and change their order in SSS but then have those same changes happen in the browser's engines. Is that it? If so, this is not possible. The browser engines work in a different way than SSS engines. They are completely separate things after importing them into SSS. As for the export function in SSS, it is only used for backing up your settings (you can also use Sync).
If I understood incorrectly please send me an email to email@example.com. The notifications for these reviews might not be the best. :)
- by Firefox user 14744005, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Excellent extension, just two very, very minor suggestions. 1) Could you add a maximum character limit option to the auto-popup. You already have a minimum limit, and personally, I'd rather not have the thing pop up when I'm copying a whole paragraph. 2) I couldn't find this extension when looking for "context search" in the addon library, so maybe improve your SEO in theThank you for the review! I don't know why I didn't think about the maximum limit but this is why I like user suggestions. :) It makes a lot of sense. I have been away from SSS development for a while but when I return (soon™) I'll add that.
Regarding the SEO for context search, maybe that's also because there are a lot of extensions with context search in the title (which will match more strongly), but you are right, I should try to get it to appear for that search if possible. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
- by aurelya, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I am loving this extension! Just wondering if you could add a user page or something where users can submit more examples (If something like this already exists, please let me know!)? A couple of things I'm looking for but haven't figured out just yet are how to have the selected text's hyperlinked url open as cached link [basically launch url as a google webcache search] or similarly open link as viewsource. Hope that somehow makes sense.
Here's some dumb ones I use regularly, lol, if anyone cares. :D
In any event, the app is awesome. Highly recommend!Thank you for the review and sorry for the late reply! There's no user list for this but from time to time I see if there are some more engines that make sense as defaults or as examples that come with SSS.
These are good suggestions. Thanks for sharing them with everyone. :) I will think about the user list (actually added that to my to-do list), but it might be a little nightmare-ish to maintain with reasonable quality, so no promises! ;)