- Vertical tabs layout (flat or tree)
You can use a simple flat list of tabs or tree structure. Tree layout allows you to fold sub-tries, creates groups with a custom name to organize open pages.
- Bookmarks panel
Simple catalogs of your bookmarks. You can drag and drop links or tabs to create bookmarks and vice-versa. Basic operations: open in new window / sort / create / edit / delete.
Other bookmarks features:
- Automatically delete an open bookmark from "Other Bookmarks" folder.
- Highlight open bookmarks and activate its tab instead of opening new on clicking.
- Tabs panels
Configurable panels will help you sort your tabs.
- Containers management
You can set "Include" and "Exclude" url-rules, proxy config and UserAgent header for each container.
- Customizable context menu
Sidebery allows you to change the context menu for tabs and bookmarks. You can enable/disable/move different options, create sub-menus/separators.
- Multi-selection with right mouse button
You can select multiple tabs or bookmarks only with the mouse - push right mouse button and then move the cursor to adjust selection range.
(note: This feature is not working with the native context menu.)
Also, you can use ctrl+click/shift+click method or use keyboard shortcuts.
- Customizable styles
Sidebery provides full control of styles for sidebar and group page via variables and custom CSS.
note: css selectors can be changed in the next version
You can setup auto snapshots that will keep info about open windows and tabs.
- Sidebery keeps all data that needed to correct work on the user's machine and doesn't send any kind of data to the outside.
- Source code can be found here: https://github.com/mbnuqw/sidebery
- - Read and modify bookmarks - needed for bookmarking the tabs and bookmarks panel functionality.
- Control browser proxy settings - needed for proxy configuration per container and it can be used only with granted optional permission "Websites Data".
- Access recently closed tabs - needed for the "Undo close tab" function.
- Access browser tabs - needed to get info and control tabs.
- - Websites Data - Required for next features:
- - Context menu option for cleaning cookies
- Proxy and url rules of containers
- Page-screenshots for the group page and windows selection panel
- Changing the User-Agent per container
- - Hiding tabs on inactive panels
- Hiding folded tabs
- Web requests blocking - Changing the User-Agent per container
- - Open sidebery
- Shortcut ctrl+E (default) or click on Sidebery button.
- - Create new tab
- ctrl+T - In default container.
ctrl+space - In active panel.
ctrl+shift+space - after active tab.
Also "Middle click on panel", "Left click on panel's icon" and other configurable methods...
- - Switch between containers
- alt+Comma(<) - to previous panel
alt+Period(>) - to next panel
Scroll on navigation strip - (optional)
Horizontal scroll - (optional)
- - Switch between tabs
- ctrl+PgUp/PgDown - firefox's defaults
alt+Up/Down + alt+space - select tab and activate it
Scroll - (optional)
- - Expand/Fold parent tab
- Click on favicon of target tab.
- - Expand/Fold tabs or bookmarks while dragging elements
- Move mouse cursor to pointer's triangle.
- - Select all descendants of tab
- Right click on favicon.
- - Close whole tabs branch
- Right click on close button.
- - Switch panel while dragging elements
- Move mouse cursor to panel's icon.
More info you can find here
- * - in author's opinion :3
Report this add-on for abuse
If you think this add-on violates Mozilla's add-on policies or has security or privacy issues, please report these issues to Mozilla using this form.
Please don't use this form to report bugs or request add-on features; this report will be sent to Mozilla and not to the add-on developer.
The developer of this extension asks that you help support its continued development by making a small contribution.
This add-on can:
- Read and modify bookmarks
- Control browser proxy settings
- Access recently closed tabs
- Access browser tabs
- Add-on Links
- 297.79 KB
- Last updated
- 6 days ago (Feb 11, 2020)
- MIT/X11 License
- Version History
- Multi-lvl, configurable drag and drop
- Settings sync
- Option to change animation speed
- Create snapshot keybinding
- Drag and drop of plain text
- Minor style fixes