- by rider45, a year agoRated 4 out of 51-Can not get the so called Startpage have nothing, no instructions.
2-Default search page only lists my default search engine. It should list all my search engines i have installed in firefox.
3-Like to see a option to use pile in this sidebar.
I do not use pocket, rss or tabs in my sidebar so have no comment on those.
Otherwise not a bad sidebar. 4 stars.
For those wanting a auto open\hide sidebar go to
"pastebin.com/sGY9yT60" and add the code to your chrome.css
change these 3 settings (these are my settings)
border-right: 2px solid #FBBE30; (change solid #to rgb color you want)
Works like a charm now with mouse\over.
- by Firefox user 13268994, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5It is missing fonts; it seems like it is trying to use some webfont which is missing glyphs for Latin Complemetary division; like missing Spanish ñ, Latvian Ž, and probably a number of other fonts; it would be better if I could use just browsers default font or choose a font which has all necessaru fonts; now it is leaving blank spaces in middle of words; Otherwise interesting extension;
- by Firefox user 13173559, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Since Firefox Quantum rolled out, & All In One Sidebar was rendered useless, I have been longing to have Bookmarks AND vertical "Tree Style" tabs open simultaneously. This add-on lets me do this, so thank you.
I use the Firefox sidebar to show bookmarks, & this add-on to show open Tabs.
However, the text is too big & bold, & not in keeping with the Firefox text, which is distracting & mildly annoying, & it would be great if you could include an option to make ithe text smaller, or even change the font size & style
Also, the sidebar flickers briefly whenever you switch tabs, which again is distracting & rather irritating.
I appreciate your efforts in creating this tab, and If you could address / include these issues then I would happily rate this 5 stars.
Note: Review updated to 4 stars, because of option to to change text Syle font/ size. Thanks Dev
- by Bill de Haan, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5So far, I've been quite impressed. It's a nice integration of several one-off sidebar utilities.
Before the big design change, I was a big fan of the All-In-One Sidebar, which is no longer maintained. But Sidebar+, while different, is a very nice replacement for a lot of that.
I'd love it if Google Bookmarks were integrated, but that's just being greedy :-).
The only bug that I've found, or maybe it's some configuration issue on my side, is the Archives in the Pocket tab. Despite deleting articles from the Archives section in Pocket, they remain cached in the Sidebar+ archive. Is there any way to clear them out?
Update: I'm an idiot. It's the rightmost "X" icon deletes it. I'm just surprised that deleting the archives in Pocket and resyncing doesn't delete them (the way it does with Articles). Is that something to do the Pocket API, perhaps?
Anyway, nice plugin. Keep up the good work.
- by Firefox user 13595992, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5It works fine. This is the best option for me since all-in-one side bar no longer works.
Please put an option to hide and show the sidebar with an click on the edge .
Oh I found it, works fine. Thanks.> Please put an option to hide and show the sidebar with an click on the edge or on the icon.
This option already exist, but only for iframe generated sidebars and only for opening. Look into "options>misc".
For a native sidebar there should be a shortcut in the next version of extension.
- by Firefox user 13635314, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5It seems good, but I do not see any keyboard shortcut for opening/closing it like with regular side bars. It would be nice if that was added to either the add-on or the add-on's description.> but I do not see any keyboard shortcut
According to this:
Shortcuts not supported yet. This is nothing i can do until guys from Mozilla finish SidebarAction API.
- by hillside, 5 years agoRated 4 out of 5Amazing, just need an address for the start page. Any tweaks and improvements im sure will look beautiful once this developer is done! Start page size options for background images is what I need. Beautiful add on, works almost like the previous biggest sidebar add on's for Firefox. Omnisidebar and All in one sidebar.
- by Firefox user 13575707, 5 years agoRated 4 out of 5Hello,
please add an option to "automatically switch from Iframe to Native when a download starts".
Then I will give you 5 stars.
Edit: I don't like that filenames are crossed out when downloading, furthermore it would be better to show file name only instead of whole directory (too long). What about download speed or rest time of downloads? I hope it's possible. ;)
Edit: I found a separate Download sidebar: https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/downloads-sidebar/
:)Due to API limitation native sidebar cannot open or close itself. Details here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/WebExtensions/API/sidebarAction/open
But you know, its a weird request anyway. =)
Edit: filenames should be crossed only when file deleted not downloading, its a Firefox specific bug.
"download speed or rest time of downloads".
Yes it is possible. New features would be implemented in 0.4 branch, 0.3 now is only for bugfixes. So it takes week or two or maybe more. =)
- by AbdAbd10, 5 years agoRated 4 out of 5good add-on but if there is an option to make the sidebar fully hide and show when i move the mouse on it or click at the edge to make it show will be good
- by AndrewFL, 5 years agoRated 4 out of 5Сделайте так как All in One Side Bar, чтобы можно было на боковину слева кликнуть и вызвать сайд бар с закладками. Нажимать на кнопку неудобно каждый раз!
+ как убрать из домашней страницы ее? Зачем она нужна как домашняя страница если у меня и у многих стоит FDV Speed Dial?
Поставил на слежение. Долго не хотел переходить на 57+ из-за отсутствие сайдбара..такчто надеюсь что у Вас получился создать прекрасную замену.