Ready for FF 57.0. "Smart timing" feature prevents scheduled reloads from accidentially interrupting the user. Ability to set custom reload intervals. Ability to reload with caches disabled, once or repeatedly. Support refreshing POST data after form submission. Support for tab restore. Randomized intervals. Remember settings for URL. Most features optional. Configurable defaults. No restart needed after installation.
Note for ReloadEvery users
In contrast to ReloadEvery, ReloadMatic will stop reloading a tab when its URL changes. If you want the old behavior back, enable the "Sticky Reload" option. You can make it turned on by default in the addon settings.
To use this add-on, simply right-click anywhere in a webpage and select options under "Reload" of the context menu. Clicking on a tab header is also possible in the newest version, but requires Firefox 60 or newer. As for all the options and other details, see the F.A.Q. included in the addon's menu after installation.
What are the permissions used for?
When you install this plugin, your browser will ask for the following permissions.
- Access your data for all websites - The permission will allow ReloadMatic to retrieve HTTP status codes which is used to tell if the page was loaded successfully. Used for the "Only if unsuccessful" feature. Also needed to capture POST data for resubmission.
- Access browser tabs - It allows to associate and differentiate settings per tab, for example to keep a different reload period for each of your tabs.
- Access recently closed tabs - Allows to restore reload- and other settings if you reopen an accidentially closed tab.
- Access browser activity during navigation - Used to catch navigation events, so that page reloading can be toggled on/off based on user actions.
- Access browsing history - There are some pages that cannot be reloaded properly without adding new (unwanted) items to your browser history. This permission allows the addon to readjust your history in such cases to keep it tidy and correct.
Report this add-on for abuse
If you think this add-on violates Mozilla's add-on policies or has security or privacy issues, please report these issues to Mozilla using this form.
Please don't use this form to report bugs or request add-on features; this report will be sent to Mozilla and not to the add-on developer.
- Add-on Links
- Mozilla Public License, version 2.0
- Version History
- Add support for fixing the reload URL to a specific value
- Add support for syncing Sticky Reload with URL fixing
- Avoid many unnecessary menu updates
- Fix some unwanted Smart Timing activations on browser/OS key shortcuts
- Fix remembered tab might not show reload badge on browser start
- Large parts of code refactored, resulting in better parallelization and various fixed bugs