Reviews for Read Aloud: A Text to Speech Voice Reader
Read Aloud: A Text to Speech Voice Reader by LSD Software
- Rated 1 out of 5by hellwraiz, 9 months agopretty much none of the buttons do what they are supposed to. And clicking on any part of the text actually does nothing.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Ashley, 9 months agoWas deciding between 2 or 3 stars since it does *technically* do the job, but there are so many glitches that I often just end up reading the page aloud to myself.
- Difficulties starting and stopping (voice starts reading the page over again OR it jumps to the end of the page)
- Needs more flexibility; cannot highlight anywhere onscreen to be read; almost seems like the bot just chooses what you hear
- Skips ahead on page and misses text
-Forward or back buttons do not work consistently (so that's all of the buttons)
- Bot voice is terrifyingly annoying (or annoyingly terrifying)
- Rated 5 out of 5by lubusta, 9 months agoMost excellent addon. Thanks for the nice work. How about adding a simple button to maximize the separate reading window?
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15442654, 9 months agoThe default voices are no good. Changing the voice to the google translate one or a premium one will make the experience very enjoyable.
- Rated 5 out of 5by LDVC@, 9 months agoHello !
Great software as a module for Firefox under Debian GNU/Linux... but I had a bug: conflict between Aloud Reader and Espeak text-to-speech software that was installed in the computer.
Just uninstall Espeak and the bug disappears, Aloud Reader works perfectly !!!
THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Super logiciel sous forme de module pour Firefox sous Debian GNU/Linux… mais j'avais un bogue : conflit logiciel de synthèse vocale entre Aloud Reader et Espeak qui était installé dans l'ordinateur.
Il suffit de désinstaller Espeak et le bogue disparait, Aloud Reader fonctionne parfaitement !!!
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 17527124, 10 months agoUse to use the australian google voice, doesn't anymore. Not sure if this is a read-aloud problem or a google problem
- Rated 3 out of 5by Display Name, 10 months agoFeature requests/suggestions
1. Most desired/important:
a. Please code it so speech doesn't stop when adjusting the speed during playback
b. Please add keyboard shortcuts to increase and decrease speed
a. Please allow users to set their own custom keys for the keyboard shortcuts
b. Please allow users to mark their preferred voices as 'Favorites' and group all favorites on the top of the drop-down list.
c. Please add keyboard shortcuts for changing the current voice to other voices added to the user's favorites
Voice1: Alt/Option + 1
Voice2: Alt/Option + 2
Next favorite voice: Alt/Option + ]
Previous favorite voice: Alt/Option + [