- by Firefox user 12482743, 5 months agoRated 1 out of 5It was great at first but then whatever trial period there was on the premium voices ran out and after spending way, way too long trying to figure out how to purchase access to those voices I gave up and used Zira. Then today after using it for a couple of weeks it went buggy. The stop button and the forward and back buttons stopped working and the reading speed seemed to be off. Even closing the tab wouldn't stop it from reading. Finally had to turn it off in Firefox settings and just went ahead and uninstalled it. While looking for a way to get the better voices I found out FF already has a built in TTS.
- by Username?, 5 months agoRated 4 out of 5it works pretty well. I just hope that they will add text highlight, as it's reading, so I know where it's reading from the website, and I can follow with my eyes. Thank you developers for making it free!
- by Firefox user 13549919, 6 months agoRated 3 out of 5There are plenty of websites that will read text aloud so I thought this would be about that quality. The voice is awful. Like really bad. It technically does the job so 3 stars but I'd sooner just end up copying the text into a site without a terrible voice. It's like a beta Microsoft Sam from Windows 3.1 circa 1992
- by Mahé P., 6 months agoRated 4 out of 5Very good *if* enabling a proper voice. Select "Edit" in front on "Voices" and select e.g. English => Google Translate English, then "Back to options", and (in Firefox) grant required browser permissions to access the voice.
By default, the voice sounds much like the regretted physicist S. Hawking (and the app becomes worth 1 star).
Four stars because it's not quite as natural-sounding (intonations etc..) as say Google Android Assistant on "read aloud" command, using their browser.
- by Firefox user 15746433, 6 months agoRated 2 out of 5At first it worked, but after changing to a different voice I can't hear anything. Tried reset, remove of the addon, restart firefox and new installation, a few times. But still no sound. What a pitty.