- by Firefox user 14072844, 2 months agoRated 4 out of 5Its the best TTS addon out there. tested a lot of addons but this one is pretty good. how to use it for pdf files? it tries to upload pdf to read it. but reads epub files perfectly
- by Firefox user 16096579, 4 months agoRated 4 out of 5The add-on is great and overall it works very well. You can customize the speech speed and pitch, stop, and rewind it. That said, it does have an issue on some linux distributions where it crashes the pulseaudio driver (but not all). It's not clear why this happens, but when it does the driver has to be restarted and then the plugin doesn't work again until a reboot. It's a bit of a niche problem so I only took off one star for it. That said, I put in a bug report for it and have heard nothing back from the dev despite a patch being released after my bug report.
- by Abstract, 5 months agoRated 4 out of 5Top TTS reader imo. Amazon voices are now great. Couple problems I've encountered are inability to edit shortcuts (though there's a page for that) and no speed control on the fly. I would also appreciate text highlighting to be more precise. It's hard to find what you're looking for when the whole paragraph is highlighted.
- by Christal, 7 months agoRated 4 out of 5Good Add-on. The voices sound good. I would like the option for the pop-up window to be a bit larger. It's still quite small when enlarging. Actually, it would be even better is the reading was directly on the page with more visual aids, for better readability.
- by uniquew, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Thanks for your extension Read Aloud, very useful and good voice. and without spying.
Enable the change of the speed of speaking faster or slower, inside the window while reading, Up to 4x.