- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 15081822, 2 days agoPositive:
Simple and does what it says for free.
Multiple languages and voices.
Can even recognize foreign languages automatically for whole article.
Allows to use your favorite text to speech engine (google, MS,...)
Premium is done without affecting main functionality.: As developer myself, i understand necessity for monetization. So "selling" premium voices for premium fee is understandable and it does NOT affect functionality of free version at all. No rational person can objectively complain here.
-1 start for it to be not loud enough compared to other sounds. e.g. Youtube is much louder. E.g. using "Read Aloud" to read article than watching streamed video makes video uncomfortably loud due to previous volume adjustment near silent "Read Aloud" sound.
I miss play/pause button and indication of read text on screen. It can be temporarily called out but disappears when not in focus.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 17682963, 4 days agoExcellent Text-to-Speech tool. Very helpful when learning a foreign language. Only 4 Stars because for some reason the Firefox version contains fewer Microsoft voices than the Edge version. The Edge Microsoft voices are superior but I prefer using Firefox.
- Rated 4 out of 5by EnergyMover, 2 months agoUsed to be great. It severely limits the text length & can no longer right click & select speak. I found a better one, TTSFox, which in options lets me do everything I need.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 16987569, 4 months agoVersion 1.57.0
The add-on can no longer read texts from this page https://wikidth.net/truyen/xuyen-nhanh-phao-hoi-ty-ty-nhan-sinh/truong-ty-mot-Yl1OzsQsRGEE_0qE
It works on Chrome and Edge though.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Joules, 6 months agoLove this extension, would love the Firefox version even more if I could have the UK male voice enabled. The options should be in an easier place within the UI of the tool. I want to make the reading/listening screen even bigger if I want.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Jupiter065, 9 months agoWorks well if using the GoogleTranslate voices. One needed feature is a pause when going from one list item to another if there is no punctuation at the end of the list item, as there often isn't.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Username?, 10 months agoit works pretty well. I just hope that they will add text highlight, as it's reading, so I know where it's reading from the website, and I can follow with my eyes. Thank you developers for making it free!
- Rated 4 out of 5by Mahé P., a year agoVery good *if* enabling a proper voice. Select "Edit" in front on "Voices" and select e.g. English => Google Translate English, then "Back to options", and (in Firefox) grant required browser permissions to access the voice.
By default, the voice sounds much like the regretted physicist S. Hawking (and the app becomes worth 1 star).
Four stars because it's not quite as natural-sounding (intonations etc..) as say Google Android Assistant on "read aloud" command, using their browser.