Reviews for Read Aloud: A Text to Speech Voice Reader
Read Aloud: A Text to Speech Voice Reader by LSD Software
- Rated 2 out of 5by Faze, 2 months agoGreat extension in Chrome but sucks in Firefox. Sometimes it doesn't stop playing, lots of times you can't select where to read from, like the way it can in Chrome, and other buggy stuff that doesn't exist in Chrome. The worst part is that they only give you one free voice and it's a woman's voice. In the world of equality, we should be able to be allowed a different gender's voice (a male's voice) without having to pay for it as a premium feature. It old style mentality that will eventually bite them in the butt.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 13524479, 4 months agoIs english the only language on the Planet ? Sounded like a good add-on... until I realized it could basically only read english.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Wally, 5 months agoUsed to be great, but now limits the amount it will read to a very small amount of text. There are better alternatives without limits out there.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Ashley, 6 months agoWas deciding between 2 or 3 stars since it does *technically* do the job, but there are so many glitches that I often just end up reading the page aloud to myself.
- Difficulties starting and stopping (voice starts reading the page over again OR it jumps to the end of the page)
- Needs more flexibility; cannot highlight anywhere onscreen to be read; almost seems like the bot just chooses what you hear
- Skips ahead on page and misses text
-Forward or back buttons do not work consistently (so that's all of the buttons)
- Bot voice is terrifyingly annoying (or annoyingly terrifying)
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 15746433, a year agoAt first it worked, but after changing to a different voice I can't hear anything. Tried reset, remove of the addon, restart firefox and new installation, a few times. But still no sound. What a pitty.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Angelo, 2 years agoText to speech voice is too robotic, it gets tiring very quick
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 13556289, 2 years agoGood when it works, which is not often.
Can't go a single day without google's voices breaking and requesting to "grant permission/admission" from google's TTS page.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Holliday, 3 years agoThe voice for this thing is terrifying. Sounded like Stephen Hawking and it scared the living hell out of me.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 12894583, 3 years agoContinuamente se corta la lectura, aparte que sobrecarga mucho el procesador. Es mejor tener un TTS aparte, copiar y pegar porque te hace perder el tiempo.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 15629978, 3 years agoUsed to work great. But when i finally switched to windows 10 (from win7) at the end of last year. The pause button stopped working. Also, I used to be able to double click a sentence (in the popup window) and it would start to read from that sentence. Now that too doesn't work. It will highlight the text i double click, but continue to read like nothing happened.
If this start working like it used to, its worth ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (but at the moment, 2 stars is the best i can give)
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 12337733, 3 years agoIt is good that it automatically detects the page content. However, the voice is very disturbing and hard to comprehend.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 14436816, 4 years agoCannot use this extension to read a text file from computer. I am getting this error message
"You need to grant Read Aloud access to file URLs in extension settings". But there is not such option available.