- Rated 2 out of 5by Marty, 15 days agoUnfortunately, this extension can not access Google Translate after a short time, because of the German voice. The error message is failed to fetch Google Translate.
- Rated 2 out of 5by avtolik, 2 months agoI have two major problems with this extension. First it is buggy - sometimes I run it to read a site and cant stop it. I try to start another site and stop it but doesn't work every time.
Also I have problems making it work with google wavenet voices.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Faze, 8 months agoGreat extension in Chrome but sucks in Firefox. Sometimes it doesn't stop playing, lots of times you can't select where to read from, like the way it can in Chrome, and other buggy stuff that doesn't exist in Chrome. The worst part is that they only give you one free voice and it's a woman's voice. In the world of equality, we should be able to be allowed a different gender's voice (a male's voice) without having to pay for it as a premium feature. It old style mentality that will eventually bite them in the butt.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Ashley, a year agoWas deciding between 2 or 3 stars since it does *technically* do the job, but there are so many glitches that I often just end up reading the page aloud to myself.
- Difficulties starting and stopping (voice starts reading the page over again OR it jumps to the end of the page)
- Needs more flexibility; cannot highlight anywhere onscreen to be read; almost seems like the bot just chooses what you hear
- Skips ahead on page and misses text
-Forward or back buttons do not work consistently (so that's all of the buttons)
- Bot voice is terrifyingly annoying (or annoyingly terrifying)
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 15746433, 2 years agoAt first it worked, but after changing to a different voice I can't hear anything. Tried reset, remove of the addon, restart firefox and new installation, a few times. But still no sound. What a pitty.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 13556289, 2 years agoGood when it works, which is not often.
Can't go a single day without google's voices breaking and requesting to "grant permission/admission" from google's TTS page.