- Rated 1 out of 5by b b b b bb b, 5 days agoThis add-on claims to have "offline" voices which are "never sent to the internet".
However if you block access to the servers it contacts using a firewall:
1) You can see tons of access sent to "support.readaloud.app" and "chart.googleapis.com"
2) The text to speech stops working entirely. It won't read at all and says "Phone not connected". You can't even use the example offline test voice in configurations panel.
How is this even remotely offline if it can't work when not connected to the internet and their servers in particular?
- Rated 1 out of 5by Demi, 20 days agoThe extension reads random parts of the lesson I want it to read, repeats words, and plays many paragraphs at a time. This is the worst read aloud extension I have ever tried using.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 18074522, 2 months agofor some reason this add-on made some conflict with my microphone and everytime i used the mic for recording a youtube video or mic testing on the browser, there was loads of noise making the video unusable. I dont understand the conflict but i troubleshooted the issue and everything went back to normal after uninstalling this add-on. Id like to recieve some feedback from the developer. Why is this having this conflict? Yes i have everything latest version.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Lisa, 5 months agoIt's kind of wonky, doesn't react when I try to choose where in the text I want it to start reading (just keeps going from the first line anyway), and the pause and stop buttons work poorly and don't react as they should. I'll try to find something that works better for me.