Reviews for Read Aloud: A Text to Speech Voice Reader
Read Aloud: A Text to Speech Voice Reader by LSD Software
- Rated 1 out of 5by thefirst1nvad3r, 4 days agoReally horrible. Voice sounds are really bad, most of them are "premium" or require special access.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Swagonair, 10 days agodecent add-on, but it no longer reads after right clicking - which sucks. So I uninstalled. Very disappointed.
- Rated 1 out of 5by adrianne_a, 22 days agoSorry but the audio sounded like ghost from Event Horizon shrouded in death noises from Event Horizon. Deleted immediately, thanks for the nightmares.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13159776, a month agoCouldn't find less than one star. Sorry honest as I could be
- Rated 1 out of 5by Robb Dad, 2 months agoAndroid version. Couldn't get it to work. Fresh Firefox install from Play Store, no other add-ons installed. Selected it in the add-ons section of the Firefox menu and am informed that it needs more permissions to talk to Google. I click the grant button and nothing happens. I click the permissions link and nothing happens. Spent an hour researching and trying different things, nothing works. I'm removing it, likely permanently.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 15303667, 2 months agoSeulement en anglais et aucune option pour choisir une autre langue. Plein de bug.
- Rated 1 out of 5by MikeFox, 3 months agoRead Aloud might be a serious add-on for desktop Firefox, but, frankly, it's implementation in Firefox for Android 🦊 is pretty lousy if not useless:
1) There is only one very robot-ish (female) voice per language!
2) The UI within Firefox is more than pathetic!
3) There are no Android notification center controls!
4) When quitting Firefox, it just continues reading aloud!
In contrast, Mozilla's Pocket for Android is really convincing with a choice of ~10 great TTS voices per language, sounding very natural & pleasant like a radio announcer.
IOW: back to the workbench, developers!
- Rated 1 out of 5by this.cris, 3 months agoI was not able to run it even once, because it kept asking me to sign in for using premium voices. This was with the default settings.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Taner KARAGÖL, 3 months agoVoice is very bad (very robotic). Difficult to understand.
Few weeks ago I guess I have tried old version and voice was very good. But now it is very bad compared to one I tried before.
- Rated 1 out of 5by hortond00, 3 months agoEven basic functionality is completely broken. After skipping text, the stop button breaks and audio will continue playing. Skipping text also causes the wrong set of text to highlight relative to the audio that's playing. I don't think Firefox should recommend this extension until these issues are fixed.
I will happily retry it if I am notified that these issues get handled, but for now, don't waste your time
- Rated 1 out of 5by sungiraturuh, 4 months agoThe voices are total trash. You will damage your ears by listening to the voices. Unusable. 0/10.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 12816473, 4 months agoToo many flaws that makes your lisatening experience excrutiatingly painful. if you want to move back and listen to a paragraph over, it will NOT accomodate your request. it will NOT highlight the text that it is reading if you want to jump back or forward. Basically a useless app that will only frusatrate you.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14409076, 4 months agoIt doesn't work. No sound. Does not read aloud. No help to sort out and make it work.
- Rated 1 out of 5by mcalhoun, 5 months agoI just downloaded "read-aloud". I got it to read a webpage but could NOT get it to stop. I want to try some other voices but can NOT determine how. Where do I look to find instructions?
- Rated 1 out of 5by MOMO, 6 months agoEverything was excellent after they decided to charge for "Premium" voices.
- Rated 1 out of 5by MathisBRogers, 7 months agoIt worked great until last week, then it stopped working correctly.
I love being able to highlight a paragraph or more, right click, then hit Read Aloud and it reads the selected text to me. Around Wednesday, October 19, 2022, I selected the text I wanted it to read and right clicked, and the option was gone.
I went to Settings and I do still have Read Aloud turned on and the icon is in the toolbar, but if I click on the icon on this page, it says "Missing host permission for the tab." I click the gear icon, and it has everything set correctly. If I select the text I want it to read and hit alt-p it starts reading, but stops before the end of the selection.
Please set it back to the way it was.