- by Firefox user 16973368, 5 months agoRated 3 out of 5This is a good, simple extension but in one way it is too simple: the icon for 'proxy off' is rather similar to the icon for 'proxy on'; thus the user gets insufficient warning.
- by RTribaldos, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Simple but great extension, it should be incorporated in Firefox. Sometimes I need to bridge my connection through a VPN via SSH and I really dislike all the steps required to turn on/off the proxy in Firefox.
- by Dent, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Works perfectly and I think I love it but unfortunately it requires private windows access "due to a Firefox update" and I am not sure I like it. So I give it 4 stars instead of 5 for the private access thing.
- by GiNeR, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Very simple and just works by enabling disabling Firefox proxy settings. There is one small issue though, proxy switches on automatically when browser restarts even if it was disabled.
Ben: did you follow the directions in the add-on description
Me: Yes, I did try that, still it turns on (the button becomes green) after restart. I would expected it remember the last state and restore on restart.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoHi, did you follow the directions in the add-on description? Try:
1. Disable the add-on
2. Turn off the proxy.
3. Re-enable the add-on
5. The proxy should always be disabled when you restart the browser. More info in description.
This is how the add-on is designed to work. Let me know if you still have trouble.
- by Firefox user 13800214, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I agree with @15016291. When using a proxy software like Shadowsocks in Global Mode, I can't just click the "Turn off proxy" button to stop my browser connecting to the proxy server.