- Rated 5 out of 5by Alexander, a month agoWonderful! I was sick of the long time it took to turn proxy on and off. Several years ago Firefox made this process even worse by putting Network Settings to the bottom of General tab, so that we have to scroll to the bottom of the page. This add-on makes the process really easy: all you need is to click in order to turn proxy on and off. Since I am doing this dozens time each day, this add-on is really great!
- Rated 5 out of 5by cwalt, 9 months agoExactly what I needed to switch between my SOCKS 5 SSH tunnel and normal connection. I'm a big fan of the fact that the extension just accesses the Firefox settings directly. There are no settings to configure, no windows or dialogues with weirdly inconsistent styling (which is true of many other extensions). Toggling is instant.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Dwedit, a year agoAlways turns proxy on (icon turns green) when browser is started, even after doing the thing where you disable the extension, change your proxy settings, then re-enable the extension.
- Rated 1 out of 5by iopq, 2 years agoDoesn't work, I have a system proxy and also set it manually, it just switches between manual and system, which is the same thing in my case. Can't it set it to off?
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 16973368, 2 years agoThis is a good, simple extension but in one way it is too simple: the icon for 'proxy off' is rather similar to the icon for 'proxy on'; thus the user gets insufficient warning.
- Rated 5 out of 5by RTribaldos, 3 years agoSimple but great extension, it should be incorporated in Firefox. Sometimes I need to bridge my connection through a VPN via SSH and I really dislike all the steps required to turn on/off the proxy in Firefox.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Dent, 3 years agoWorks perfectly and I think I love it but unfortunately it requires private windows access "due to a Firefox update" and I am not sure I like it. So I give it 4 stars instead of 5 for the private access thing.
- Rated 4 out of 5by GiNeR, 4 years agoVery simple and just works by enabling disabling Firefox proxy settings. There is one small issue though, proxy switches on automatically when browser restarts even if it was disabled.
Ben: did you follow the directions in the add-on description
Me: Yes, I did try that, still it turns on (the button becomes green) after restart. I would expected it remember the last state and restore on restart.
Developer responseposted 4 years agoHi, did you follow the directions in the add-on description? Try:
1. Disable the add-on
2. Turn off the proxy.
3. Re-enable the add-on
5. The proxy should always be disabled when you restart the browser. More info in description.
This is how the add-on is designed to work. Let me know if you still have trouble.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13800214, 5 years agoI agree with @15016291. When using a proxy software like Shadowsocks in Global Mode, I can't just click the "Turn off proxy" button to stop my browser connecting to the proxy server.