- Rated 5 out of 5by gorman, 2 months agoSimple but incredibly handy extension. Does what I need, does it cleanly. Thanks a lot to the dev!
- Rated 2 out of 5by Dwedit, 7 months agoAlways turns proxy on (icon turns green) when browser is started, even after doing the thing where you disable the extension, change your proxy settings, then re-enable the extension.
- Rated 1 out of 5by iopq, 10 months agoDoesn't work, I have a system proxy and also set it manually, it just switches between manual and system, which is the same thing in my case. Can't it set it to off?
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 16973368, a year agoThis is a good, simple extension but in one way it is too simple: the icon for 'proxy off' is rather similar to the icon for 'proxy on'; thus the user gets insufficient warning.
- Rated 5 out of 5by RTribaldos, 2 years agoSimple but great extension, it should be incorporated in Firefox. Sometimes I need to bridge my connection through a VPN via SSH and I really dislike all the steps required to turn on/off the proxy in Firefox.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Dent, 2 years agoWorks perfectly and I think I love it but unfortunately it requires private windows access "due to a Firefox update" and I am not sure I like it. So I give it 4 stars instead of 5 for the private access thing.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Boy_Ohitisme, 3 years agoWorks, but it is not as easy as other ones, but works...
- Rated 4 out of 5by GiNeR, 4 years agoVery simple and just works by enabling disabling Firefox proxy settings. There is one small issue though, proxy switches on automatically when browser restarts even if it was disabled.
Ben: did you follow the directions in the add-on description
Me: Yes, I did try that, still it turns on (the button becomes green) after restart. I would expected it remember the last state and restore on restart.
Developer responseposted 4 years agoHi, did you follow the directions in the add-on description? Try:
1. Disable the add-on
2. Turn off the proxy.
3. Re-enable the add-on
5. The proxy should always be disabled when you restart the browser. More info in description.
This is how the add-on is designed to work. Let me know if you still have trouble.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13800214, 4 years agoI agree with @15016291. When using a proxy software like Shadowsocks in Global Mode, I can't just click the "Turn off proxy" button to stop my browser connecting to the proxy server.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15016291, 4 years agoWorks as said. Would be great if it switched between Off/On and not System/Manual, or if it gave an option to choose the two states.