- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 14444892, 2 months agoWie kann man einen Email Relay Service aufbauen und dann auch noch Geld fordern, wenn der Service nicht mal in den eigenen Mobile Browser auf iOS integriert ist?? Wie kann man sowas halbgares auf den Markt werfen, wenn man bereits Browser-Hersteller ist. Für mich leider unnutzbar, so lange sich das nicht ändert. Apple macht es mal wieder grandios vor, wie es zu laufen hat. Ich wechsele doch nicht jedes Mal das Tab, öffne die Relay URL, um dann die neue Adresse zu generieren.... Welcher Product Owner hat sich sowas ausgedacht?
- Rated 2 out of 5by kxdmxn, 2 months agoGood idea, but in general it's pretty useless as you can't switch your main email address to another one or even better using more email addresses.
So, if I don't want to use my main email address I can uninstall.
Also, premium is still not available here in Czech Republic which will probably be fixed in the future.
edit: I already removed extension for not being usable for me as I don't want to use my main email address.
- Rated 2 out of 5by David Strauss, 3 months agoEven upgrading doesn't remove the "upgrade now" upsell for phone number masking.
Also, let's get this straight: The add-on was updated to sell users on phone masking but not to (1) provide metrics on the use of the phone masks or (2) notify when a message/call has been received. Kind of annoying.
To answer the question from the developer below, restarting the browser does not hide the upsell for phone number masking.
Developer responseposted 3 months agoThank you David for the feedback. After you've restarted your browser has the upgrade now gone away? We are planning some more improvements and your feedback is helpful.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 16702712, 6 months agoLeider nur 2 Sterne, da ein großer Teil der Infos in englisch und somit für mich kompliziert erst übersetzt werden müssen.
So wie es ist, verstehe ich die Anwendung noch nicht um effektiv damit arbeiten zu können....
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 14906651, 7 months agoDie Idee ist sehr gut.
Bei Anmeldung auf einer Webseite, wurde ich darauf hingewiesen, das Facebook meine Email verfolgen kann. Deswegen habe ich das Relay installiert und auf dieser Webseite für die Anmeldung getestet.
Leider wird die Relay-Email dort nicht akzeptiert, obwohl ich den Tipp zu Firefox-Relay auf dieser Registrierungs-Seite erhalten habe.
- Rated 2 out of 5by BobbyB, 8 months agoThe relay address does not show as valid on email validators. eg: ipqualityscore dot com and others list it as invalid and disposable even though it does get forwarded.
The problem does not lie with ipqualityscore dot com or others. The problem is with the service which validates the email. Here is the conversation using another validator called centralops dot net.
THE CONVERSATION with https :// centralops.net /co/ ---> The address was rejected! Done today 18-May-2022 12:24 UTC-4
How is any email validating service suppose to reply but "invalid"? "Disposable" email is a judgement call.
OK, I use the free service so I can't complain but if I were to contemplate getting the paid version there is not much incentive to do so if the email will check out as invalid.
Now if you use this email address and the site checks the validity of the email (as it should to avoid spam) then it will see an invalid email
confidence rating: 0 - Bad address
error : RecipientRejected - Mail server rejected the email address.
canonical address: <.........@mozmail.com>
preference exchange IP address (if included)
[Contacting inbound-smtp.us-west-2.amazonaws.com [22.214.171.124]...]
220 inbound-smtp.us-west-2.amazonaws.com ESMTP Amazon SES OenPjqnXlNNRjaYTNPLg
550 5.7.1 TLS required by recipient
[Address has been rejected]
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 14944912, 10 months agotoo bad that it changes email input box layout ; for a web developer it is really annoying
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 13340920, 10 months agoThis extension made it impossible to login to a website that gives you the option to use a username OR email address. If using a username it makes your password invisible to the website. I uninstalled this extension.
Send me an email address and I'll send a screenshot.
As you'll see, the password box is filled in and the error message says "Can't be blank".
I believe that the presence of the relay icon is interfering with text in the password box.
I had been trying to login most of the day and having this problem. Brighteon is upgrading their site and I think the icon is viewed as a security risk, or somehow causing the password to not be visible.
This problem only started since Brighteon's upgrade and this was never an issue until today.
Developer responseposted 10 months agoSee if it helps to disable the in-page icon in the settings panel. Toggle the "Show the Relay icon in email fields on websites" setting OFF.
Hi would you be willing to let us know what website(s) you're seeing this issue on and we can take a look? Please feel free to edit your comment or you can file an issue in our github repo: https://github.com/mozilla/fx-private-relay-add-on/issues
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 13481582, a year agoThe extension seems to ignore custom domain for new aliases. So far for me it hasn't been worth much more than the "Manage All Aliases" link. The service itself seems fine.
- Rated 2 out of 5by GP2, a year agoThere is no way to remove the stupid icon from every form field asking for an email address. I know I have the addon installed, FFS, I don't need you tacking your gaudy reminder every-effing-where.Hi, You can disable the relay add-on icon from showing up globally by going to the add-on in the toolbar, clicking the gear icon, and toggling off "Show relay icon in email fields on websites". I hope that helps!
- Rated 2 out of 5by sfin, a year agoThe drop down menu should contain options to copy and edit all aliasesHi sfin thank you for the feedback! Exciting news, just today we released the functionality in the newest version of the add-on where you can sign back in with your existing aliases. Just open the context menu on any email address field (right click on Windows or Control-mouse click on macOS) and you'll see an option to sign in with recent aliases or existing aliases from this site. We hope you enjoy this improvement!
- Rated 2 out of 5by Markin, a year agoI am not a tech savvy user: I appreciate what this add-on is trying to do but cannot see a way to easily toggle it on and off. I have some trusted websites that I do not want an alias to be created for and I can't tell if its creating aliases for these sites or not.Hi, if you click on the Firefox Relay add-on icon in the toolbar menu, then click the gear (settings) icon you can toggle on and off the relay icon. When it's off, in an email field you can right click to generate an email alias. Hope this helps!