- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 16482450, 2 years agoya no funciona mas.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoThis problem is caused by a bug in Print Edit WE 27.5 which was released on 26th November.
A new version (27.6) that fixes the problem has been submitted to Mozilla and is awaiting review, after which it will be released, but this may take a couple of days.
In the meantime, as a workaround, you can download the previous version (27.4) and turn off automatic updates.
- Rated 1 out of 5by pierre henri, 2 years agoJ'ai une imprimante Epson ET-2756 avec laquelle je peux imprimer recto-verso. Cette option n'existe pas dans cette extension, alors que sous Opera cela fonctionne.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoAfter editing the page, click on the 'Preview' button and then click on the 'Print...' button to display the Firefox 'Print' dialog. Now click on the 'Preferences' button to display the Epson ET-2756 printer settings and check the 'Duplex(manuall)' checkbox.
- Rated 1 out of 5by hmeade, 2 years agoThe instructions say to press the tool bar icon or right click > print edit we > print edit, in order to begin editing, then a blue badge appears. The blue badge does not appear, and nothing happens when I follow these steps. I could give more than one star if this add-on had at least SOME functionality...
- Rated 1 out of 5by Hiding, 3 years agoI really wanted to like this add-on for Firefox but it refuses to actually print a web page as the page is displayed. On a different computer I use Foxit to print to PDF and the page is perfect. This add-on took one web page and chopped it up into bits and pieces - 28 pages long! It should 'print' to PDF exactly like the page looks. Period.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 15585808, 3 years agoThis add-on doesn't do anything that it's supposed to do or doesn't allow to do it in a simple way. The description states that "The 'Web Style' feature is disabled by default, so that the page displayed looks similar to how the page would look if printed normally. When the 'Web Style' feature is enabled, the page displayed will look similar to how the page looks during normal browsing.", yet I haven't found a way to make it work, even with checking the supposedly right checkbox in the menu. The description states that there is a "PRINT EDIT WE TOOLBAR", yet I cannot find it. As such, this add-on cannot do what it should and cannot be recommanded in its current state.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoUnfortunately, updating to Firefox 72 has caused problems for users of some extensions, including Print Edit WE.
In some cases, these problems can be fixed by removing Print Edit WE, restarting Firefox twice, and then reinstalling Print Edit WE.
In other cases, the Firefox profile has become corrupted, and the problems can only be fixed by creating a new Firefox profile.
To create a new Firefox profile, please perform a Firefox Refresh as described here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings
- Rated 1 out of 5by Michael Lacson, 4 years agoThis is the first time and I never start yet to use print-edit-we. Hopefully, after I did to using this print-edit-we, I can give my final ratings to this item. Thank you very much.
- Rated 1 out of 5by piecevcake, 5 years agoA pity about the arrogant dev. Reply:
1. Yes the 125,000 "users" are like me desperate to find something better than ff print - downloaded but not USING because it is unusable. No one wants to email, they just disable it like I have.
2. I am an experienced user. I learn how to use apps by trying the options and reading instructions. Impossible with your addon because of problems set out below. A pity you preferred to be rude to someone who took the time to give helpful feedback and ignored them.
3. Don't tell me what zoom level to use. Fix your app.
4. PS save as HTML pages cannot be opened in Microsoft Word. Would send a screenshot of the error details if you had a github page. But clearly you have no interest in fixing your buggy addon.
Im sad to say that this addon should be fantastic, and it is ESSENTIAL given FF pathetic print function, but the UI and information is so clunky and badly designed that it's vitually unusable. Periodically I go back, spend half a day trying to print ONE page, and give up. Other devs have an issues page on gitlab or wherever linked from the add-on page, and end up quickly with user friendly, bug-free apps. I would strongly suggest this, DW-dev. The issues are too many to go into in a review page and I'm not interested in spending more hours repeating what no doubt hundreds of other frustrated users have emailed to you, (although I have screenshotted them all and WOULD be happy to put in an issues page, if they are not already there. You would save yourself a lot of time reading emails, as well).
Just a couple of examples of primary school level issues:
1. your tool bar and dialogs should size to window, not to zoom so you cant see them if your window is not maximised or you are zoomed out viewing a large selection.
2. Available formatting should be in a sidebar with existing formatting and adjustment tools displayed side by side, not covering the selection you are trying to format, and have to close dialog to see either of the other 2.
3. Lables like "float", "clear", "block layout" need context menu instructions and explanations of what the options are supposed to do.
4. After spending hours trying and comparing each setting, you've got it right, then preview-its a total disaster and no idea how to fix it. Top element just isnt here. Next element repeats on 3 pages, page 1 and 3 otherwise blank. Zoom to fit - doesn't fit. Header and footer outside printer area, bleeding off the edges (no adjustment option). How about edit in a PREVIEW view.
5. Oh, and cursor selection is complete malfunction. Selects an area totally unrelated to where you have dragged your cursor. (Same issue noted in Web Paint.)
Back to Fireshot and greenshot.Print Edit & Print Edit WE have around 125,000 users, so they probably are usable.
Currently receive about 5 email support requests a month, with very few requiring changes.
1. Print Edit WE is designed to work with 100% zoom and sets 100% zoom on entry.
2. The Inspect, Format, Text and Help panels can all be moved so that they don't obscure the current selection. There could be benefit in being able to use the Inspect panel while the Format panel is open. This is worth further investigation.
3. The Properties in the Format panel are designed for experienced users who have some knowledge of CSS. The Quick Styles in the Format Panel are designed for less experienced users.
4. Editing in preview view is not possible for a WebExtensions add-on.
5. Use 100% zoom.
Please email any response to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rated 1 out of 5by Trubadur, 5 years agoThe installation page tells me persistently: "This add-on requires a newer version of Firefox (at least version 55.0). You are using Firefox 47.0." but I already have version 61Do you have Firefox 47.0 running in the background when you start Firefox 61.0?
If not, then it is very likely that your Firefox profile has become corrupted. Creating a new Firefox profile should resolve this problem.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13899782, 5 years agoFar less reliable than the old printedit. Try it on CreditKarma.ca for instance.
'Delete except' does work now, but you have to make the right selection on the sub-menu.
Even on simple print jobs there's a tendency to loose the info on the second page.Losing the information on the second and subsequent pages is a long-standing bug in Firefox, not a bug in Print Edit WE. Try File > Print Preview without Print Edit installed.