Rated 3.6 out of 5
3.6 Stars out of 5
- by NC, 3 months agoRated 2 out of 5This must be a very very old extension because it does not seem to work in any real way. It added a bunch of "null" alt attributes to just about every node in the HTML DOC. I was hoping for an add-on that I could customize the popup alt attribute style, make it have more lines (fixed width), and maybe make the text bigger so I can see it easier, perhaps have it centered on the mouse cursor instead of connecting the cursor to the yellow box at the top left corner, that way if I am using a magnifying tool I can see the entire popup box easier.
Oh well, the search goes on.
- by Firefox user 13800000, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5So useful that I think Firefox should display alt text as a tool tip by default (unless a tool tip attached by other means such as the title attribute has precedence; or in addition to a title attribute of a containing element)
- by Talia D., 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Awesome in 2 ways:
1) Nostalgia. Reminds me of my days browsing with Internet Explorer when I was a kid. :)
2) I'm now learning to be a web developer and so I know the importance of adding alt tags to images. This feature gives me a higher awareness of how sites are coded while I'm browsing, and lets me easily see how the alt tag is being used around the net.
I'm glad this feature doesn't come built in to Firefox or other modern browsers because I know back when this feature was in IE and IE was popular, the alt tag was horribly misused for its popup qualities and its actual purpose was neglected. It's much better to have this as an add-on. I love it already.
- by aides, 7 years agoRated 3 out of 5既出だったら済みません。
Developer responseposted 7 years agoツールチップが表示されるまでの時間はFirefox既定の挙動に依存する設計で、独自に管理する予定は残念ですがありません。Firefoxの隠し設定を参照して下さい。 https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Preferences/Preference_reference/ui.tooltipDelay
- by JohnAC, 9 years agoRated 1 out of 5Using the extension Popup Alt Extension truncates the text when it long and overruns the image.
This is the same way the Title Tag works, but is not very helpful if you have multiple smaller images next to each other.
The extension FeatureFix works like expected when converting alt tags in Firefox so they work like IE.
The behavior is not default and you have to set it, but it works and long text is fully displayed.
- by Jim, 10 years agoRated 5 out of 5At last! I don't know why I didn't look for this before but I'm glad I've found it. Not being able to see ALT text is the one frustrating thing about FireFox, at the risk of looking like you are following Microsoft why don't you guys just build it in to the product in the first place?
- by kynoos, 11 years agoRated 5 out of 5refer to Gertjan review: I agree to his review, I've downloaded this add-on which resolve my FF problem of not show alternative text of icon images in web pages. I think this property must be by default in FF.
- by pabzlito, 11 years agoRated 5 out of 5Regardless of whether this add-on SHOULD be needed or not is a moot point. It is needed, as there are still sites out there that do not use title text but rather alt text. In my case this is an indispensable tool for checking team form on the English Premier League website, which uses alt not title text. Would incorporation be a problem? It's a tiny bit of script, non?