- Rated 4 out of 5by CreativelyMultiple5, 2 years agoPretty good, simply adds direct links to the images in little "download" buttons. Right clicking the download link and saying "save link as" is the quickest way.
only putting it as 4 stars and not 5 since it's not like pindown where u can download an entire board, and would not be helpful when you're trying to bulk download, but for our use, it is fine.
UPDATE! the colors are differenciated to tell you if it's a jpg or png and i think that's VERY neat and helpful.
- Rated 5 out of 5by mcdazz, 2 years agoFirstly, there are some comments that say that this extension doesn't work.
I'm using Firefox 78.12.0esr on Debian Linux and I'm logged in to Pinterest and it works fine for me.
After installing this extension, and agreeing to the "Allow this extension to run in Private Windows" message, the icon will appear in the top right.
When you're on a Pinterest page, click on the Pinterest Downloader icon (top right).
You should then see a Download button over all the images.
NOTE: As you scroll down the page and more images appear, you will need to click on the Pinterest Downloader icon again for the Download button to appear.
This isn't a problem with the extension, just how Pinterest works.
Clicking the Download button opens up the image in a new tab. You can then save the image.
Handy hint: I use Pinterest Downloader in combination with the Cute Save Button extension, so that when the image opens in a new tab, I can just click on the Cute Save Button instead of having to right click on the image.
- Rated 5 out of 5by jaggz, 3 years agoWonderful. Simple. Works fine so far. I examined the source code and it seems it doesn't do anything to violate your privacy (with its access to your pages). (Try the CRX Extension Source Viewer to evaluate addons.)
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13790801, 4 years agoIt is useful, but it is not a downloader! It opens the image on another tab, so you can download it yourself, and that saves a few clicks. Would be ten times better if it would actually download the picture though, especially as it is called a downloader and nothing in the description tells you what it actually is! The second downside is that pinterest loads more pictures the more you scroll down, but the 'download' buttons don't so you have to click on the add-on button constantly to load the new buttons, which is quite annoying and therefore doesn't save that many clicks to download pictures actually.Since the original image located at different domain, Modern browsers prevent cross-domain downloads as a security feature so we can not implement this feature. We will be implementing your second suggestion soon. thank you for your valuable feedback.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13712107, 4 years agoHorrenda. ¿A quién se le ocurre poner el botón de descarga en el mismo sitio que el botón de guardar de pinterest? Como es lógico, no se puede utilizar. Cámbienlo y será una buena extensión si hace lo que promete.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 15142072, 4 years agoIt looks like it might work, but the save button goes behind the Pinterest buttons when you hover over any image, so I can't actually use it. As such, it's useless, unless you can move the save button's location to th bottom of the image rather than the top.