To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Owl - Dark Background 2.2.4 Compatible with Firefox 57+
Owl makes your online experience comfortable by changing the theme of webpages to a soothing dark theme with light text. Complete with site-wise settings, multiple themes and great customizability, Owl tried to minimize the strain on your eyes.
About this Add-on
If you spend long hours in front of a computer screen, you likely have developed an aversion towards those glaring white backgrounds and harsh color combinations on websites.
This add-on transforms all webpages into a night-friendly mode, with dark background and dimmed colors.
- Applies dark background, lightens the text
- Syntax Highlighting for code snippets
- Quickly toggle Owl using Shift + Alt + D
- Choose between two themes, the Classic theme (used in v1.1.3 and earlier), or the new and improved Inversion theme.
- Disable Owl on websites that you don't want darkened.
- Set Owl to start on Firefox startup, so you never have to see those bright whites again.
- Always enable Owl on selective sites
- Easily manage site-wise themes
If you want to submit a suggestion/bug, open an issue here or get in touch here.
If you are a developer and want to add more cool features to Owl, check out Owl on Github
If you have any suggestions/possible features to add to this add-on, please mention them in the comments section, or contact here.
HELP NEEDED: Lately I've been having a hard time maintaining Owl alone. The recent v2 fiasco shows I haven't done justice the add-on the users deserve. If you're a developer and interested in developing/hacking/playing with the source, check Owl out on Github. Anything you can do helps; enhancements, bug fixes, adding tests etc. Owl is and will always be open source. It would be great if we can develop it together, eh?