- Rated 5 out of 5Does what it says it does. It creates a randomized canvas fingerprint. It also notifies you of the website grabbing yours.
I had to rate my first browser add-on because some of these negative reviews are invalid because they tested against whether or not one is obtainable or not. The developer didn't say it blocks obtaining one, only that it sends a random one. I tested it on panopticlick.eff.org
- Rated 4 out of 5Protection works, but detectors see its presence.
- Rated 3 out of 5It works but you need to manually change the fingerprint at the right moments. Would be much better if it did provide a different fingerprint to each website, and then change again overnight or some such. If you forget to push the icon at some intervals, it's useless.
- Rated 5 out of 5Kamil Jaszkowiak
- Rated 1 out of 5Does not work, https://www.deviceinfo.me/, shows canvas as allowed, not spoofed or blocked.
- Rated 5 out of 55 star! Works perfectly, tested using https://www.deviceinfo.me and it does in fact show "spoofed" instead of "blocked".
- Rated 1 out of 5Didn't work for me, maybe there is something else blocking it (umatrix, privacy badger), but with this installed and without, the test site show the same fingerprint
- Rated 2 out of 5Some websites just don't work with this addon enabled. The notification is annoying and the reasons dev gives for keeping it that way are not justified.
Try CanvasBlocker instead, it's still being updated.
- Rated 4 out of 5Works as advertised, but every time it it detects an attempt to fingerprint you get a notification. It gets to be very annoying and there is no way to disable the alert.
- Rated 1 out of 5While the idea is nice theoretically, practically this addon isn't all that useful. Apps using canvas for legitimate reasons (i.e. WhatsApp web file upload, draw.io file export) will often have coloured tint (or sometimes it will just break the app completely) on them, which not only affects the web experience, but will also make you trackable. The addon does have a white-list function, but I haven't been able to get it to work. There's also an annoying notification that pops up on every webpage that tries to read your canvas hash and you can't actually disable it.
- Rated 2 out of 5It is absolutely ridiculous that you can't disable the notification when a page (MOST PAGES) try to read your fingerprint. Seriously. I emailed the developer about it and he said he didn't plan on changing anything more than a year ago. Completely bonkers.
- Rated 4 out of 5When using on localhost, it causes issues viewing xml files. This should be fixed. There should be a way for this plugin to be disabled on localhost or 127.0.0.1
- Rated 3 out of 5Nice protection, love what it does. But alas it's impossible to disable notifications, and more importantly to disable the very annoying sound !!!
- Rated 3 out of 5Would be nice to have an option to disable notifications when a page is reading the fingerprint.
- Rated 1 out of 5It claimed to be a better solution than "Canvas fingerprint blocking tactics" in its artical. But indeed, it is very easy to be detected. By drawing a large gray (#666) block and read its content, browsers without this extension installed will report all pixels are gray. But with this extension, You would get a green / red / blue or some other colored pixels. And by testing the changing of colors, website may simply know a user is using this extension. As the result, this extension won't be better than a canvas fingerprint blocking tool as it claimed. While there are more users using tools to block a fingerprint (as a built-in of Tor browser), using this extension would be even a worse idea.
Developer responseposted a year agoThe article you mentioned was written almost 2.5 years ago. Since then new technologies emerged and we also wrote additional articles clarifying questions around canvas fingerprinting.
We also work on perspective technologies for protection from canvas fingerprinting, see a video presentation here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSTFf-xKmE0
- Rated 5 out of 5This is awesome!!!