- by Firefox user 10378253, 3 months agoRated 3 out of 5Add menu item withouth checkbox to off this - is not good style. 3 now only. NN FF follower 4 add every day new interface items in the work process.
Only ONE TIME configure this mod. WHY Menu Item show FOREWER? CRAP!!!!
- by Merl 19, 10 months agoRated 3 out of 5When I open a new tab, it places the cursor before the test in the address bar instead of selecting the text in the adress bar. Typing in a search and pressing enter leads to a search containing my new tab url after my search terms
- by glocal, a year agoRated 3 out of 5I tried it with a local file with a black background which turned white. It seems my dark theme is not handled well. The local page works well normally. I removed the addon for now.
- by DrOmedary, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5I greatly appreciate the dedication and skill of the developer, yet this add-on grealty lacks in documentation.
Having disabled the chronicle in firefox there was no add-on icon and no error message whatsoever. I wasn't even aware there should be one and could not set up the new tab url.
I already quit on Firefox out of sheer frustration, but the next day I realized BY CHANCE that the error was in disabling the chronicle.
Sorry to be blunt, but software without documentation is a job half done. If you really want to help others, tell them how to use that nice add-on of yours.
- by Firefox user 12563984, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Ein nützliches Feature, das eigentlich zur Grundausstattung gehören sollte. Es ist mir -bei allem respekt- unverständlich,dass Firefox solche Ad-Ons "ausgesourct" hat. Deshalb Dank an den Entwickler für seine Mühen. Gleiches gilt für die Palatzierung der Tabs (oben/unten), all das war zur Start-Zeit von firefox eleganter und vor allem intuitiv nachvollziehbarer gelöst. Warum -um alles in der Welt- verzichtet man auf Bewähres zu Gunsten neuer unpraktischerer Veränderungen?
- by Firefox user 12497474, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Even with solid dark background color you still get white flashes. Clearly this needs to be solved at a deeper level than waiting for some HTML & CSS to load.
- by Firefox user 14976658, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5The extension used to work great!!! Loved it. But until I can resolve the following problem, I disabled it. Recently, when opening a new tab, there is a pop-up window in the upper right of the page that says something about New Tab Override changing a page, and there appears to be 2 buttons to push below the warning. Problem is, it pops up then disappears before I can read the whole thing, or have a change to push either of the buttons. VERY ANNOYING. Always happens with the first new tab, and occasionally happens when an additional tab is opened. Windows 10. Not sure if this is a New Tab Override problem, or a Firefox problem. Keep getting passed to someone else.
- by kootoopas, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Good idea and direction. I also like that it's configurable. Although I wish the url was left blank (f.e. when setting the override to a background color) so that users can quickly type in the next address that they wish to visit, without having to clear the text input.
It's a shame that although it seems to have a lot of options, it hinders accessibility by populating the address bar with app metadata.
- by Firefox user 12055580, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5I would like the cursor in the url when new tab is opened please so i can immediately start typing a web address? how can i do this?
at the moment when open a new tab (hompage is google) it places the cursor in the google search box.
can you let me know if this is possible please?