Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 12920934, 5 months ago
Very good, does exactly what it promised. Unfortunately you can't disable the behavior, if you changed the new tab to another extension, this extension will take over. It's extremely annoying if you use firefox sync and wanted to have different new tab behavior in each devices.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14005394, 2 months agoStopped working today. Absolutely does not set focus to the web page instead of the address bar. The cursor jumps to the address bar every time I try to type in the Google search field. Also will not open new tabs to my home page. Instead it opens to Firefox home page.
Developer responseposted a day agoPlease do not abuse the review system for support requests. If it suddenly stopped it's clear that it can't be the fault of New Tab Override as there was no update at the time of your review. Also there was no other similar report.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17862970, 2 months agoCan't set custom homepage with custom protocol e.g. moz-extension://
Developer responseposted a day agoYou can use moz-extension:// URIs now. In the future, please request features via appropriate channels instead of abusing the review system. Maybe you want to consider a better review now as your only point of criticism was addressed.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Speede-du-potar, 2 months agoThis Add-on can't decipher characters with French accents. Too bad.
And when he opens my page, there's a big frame all around it, which takes up too much space on a small screen!
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 18174079, 3 months agoKind of useless if the URL isn't automatically selected in a new tab. Having to ctlr+a and delete the url in each new tab before being able to type is not very helpful.It would be nice if you would ask before giving bad reviews for add-ons since what you want is not possible at all for WebExtensions. As there is no way to this, it's not fair to get a bad review for that reason. And by the way, 70,000 other users don't think that the add-on is "useless".
- Rated 4 out of 5by Crazy Jimmy, 4 months agoThis app does just what I needed. However, it was too hard to find out how to change the URL for new tabs. I've spent perhaps 15-20 minutes clicking and, frankly, don't know how I finally got to the page that enabled changing the URL. (This may pertain to other Firefox add-ins, too.)
Would like to donate, but had bad experiences with PayPal and closed my PayPal account. Wish there was another way to donate.