Review by Firefox user 13552953
Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13552953, 3 months ago
Why this extension works only for New Tab (not for New Window)?
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13524479, 14 days agoFinally a way to get startpage.com as New Tab. Thanks !
- Rated 5 out of 5by Zeitfuchs, 15 days agoit does what it should. useless for me cause every time I open a new tab the window flashes WHITE GREY WHITE and then the site I set. dont wanna get a seizure every time I open a new tab
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 16013521, 2 months agoI've seen where it was commented that someone had a broken system since the add-on was not working on that system. Well, there's obviously something wrong with my system. The add-on works perfectly on my laptop. I'll let you know what I do find wrong with my laptop though.
- Rated 4 out of 5by IamAllan, 2 months agoUp until the March 3, 2023 update, it's been great! All of a sudden, my browser started crashing.
So I disabled all the extensions, and turned them on one by one. As soon as I turned on NTO, the browser crashed. As soon as I shut it off, the crashing stopped.
Still have to give 4 stars, as it's been great, otherwise.
- Rated 5 out of 5by PHS, 2 months agoDoes what it's supposed to do. Best of all, it allows me to put the focus on the search bar in my Google home page instead of the focus being on the URL address - which the competitor 'New Tab HOMEPAGE' does not. Thank you.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Kay, 3 months agoSet a dark new tab page, for some reason during the already sluggish feeling redirect, the extension flashbangs my eyes with a wall of white every time. Seemingly no option to change that, doesn't happen when redirecting an existing tab to the wanted page, nor with other new tab apps.
Edit: Sad to see the dev rage at the review instead of fixing the issue - I'd have been happy to change the review had my issues been fixed (or one of them, to merit a change at least), now I'm just highly motivated to find a way to turn reply updates off and never touch the extension again. I get you're likely underpaid or not paid at all for this, but neither am I paid to be your bug tester.
Yes, I think I'll use the review function how it's meant to be used, to notify people who look at the reviews about the app's downsides.
I have nothing against you personally. The extension was frustrating and a waste of time to try to make work as desired, which I nonetheless believed I could do because of the numerous high reviews. My experience didn't reflect that. The statistical point of user reviews isn't to rate 5 stars because while it sucked for me it might work for other people - I'm sure it does.
Developer responseposted 3 months agoSo the add-on works in general and there is only a visual annoyance for you, nothing else. And still you think instead of reporting an issue to me so that I can investigate and try to fix it you should rate this add-on with the worst rating that is possible. Bummer. Very frustrating for developers who spend their spare time to offer free extensions to other users.