- Rated 5 out of 5by Arno, 6 months agoThank you so much - muting domains instead of tabs was the number one Chrome feature I missed. This extension does exactly what I wanted and improves my browsing experience a lot.
I just added this to userChrome.css to remove the ugly "MUTED" label by Firefox:
display: none !important;
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13480280, 7 months agoWhen I press ctrl+m it mutes/unmutes multiple tabs from the same domain, even though they have different subfolder address. I expected only the current tab to be affected and keep every other tab muted. Would be nice to have different keybinds to whitelist domain and mute/unmute current tab.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Peter Kehl, a year agoThank you. Works well.
However, with most/all tabs muted, the "muted" icon next to each tab is taking space, it's visually noisy and it hides/replaces the site icon.
Remedy: Hide "muted" icon unless a tab is currently playing sound.
How? create "userChrome.css" file with the following content:
opacity: 1 !important;
Save that file in chrome folder right under your Firefox profile folder. To locate that, open Firefox special URL about:support and see "Profile Directory". See also https://www.reddit.com/r/FirefoxCSS.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 16058521, a year agoDoesn't work anymore. Not sure why, not going to troubleshoot because an alternative is already working without issue, thanks for the last few years though!
- Rated 5 out of 5by DawnDawn121988, 2 years agoThis is great for those annoying mini videos that play on sites that you visit to download a freeware program. They pop up telling you how to install the same kind of programs over and over again its annoying. So this really helps with those videos.
- Rated 5 out of 5by StillMissingOldFF, 3 years agoBeen using it for some months now and works as expected. 👍 Had to get used to it at first though, there were moments I thought YT has a new feature to mute embedded videos in other sites because I got no sound xD 🤦