- by Piono, a month agoRated 3 out of 5Guys it is a bit frustrating to use at this time. Missing options:
-DONT ask for confirmation every time you open a container - just open them in default or enable option of choosing default container for new tabs.
-I would really prefer shared logins across all tabs. I just need to group them but it is a bit counter productive to login to 10 gmail accounts and then have to login to X different places again and again due to new group.
- by charliefortune, 2 months agoRated 3 out of 5Great extension - apart from the 'always open this in a container' feature. Easy to mistake the icon in the address bar for the main one to open a new tab - end up setting default containers and spending forever trying to work out how to remove them. Would be a five star review if this were fixed.
- by Firefox user 13131033, 3 months agoRated 3 out of 5Used to work, but now it keeps popping up a page asking if I want to Always Open in Assigned Container and there's no way to just reset it to default. I tried deleting the extension and reinstalling it, and now the option to create a new named container is gone! Very buggy.
Speaking of bugs, the context menu sometimes isn't there and the menu that is there (next to the URL field) locks you into the "Always Open in This Container" problem. I wish that icon wasn't there at all since this is a shared computer and the other people are likely to click on it to try to change which container they are in.
- by Felix, the “Upright Bassist”, 3 months agoRated 3 out of 5Richtig scheiße, denn das fördert Clutter und Chaos bei (zu) vielen Tabs und Fenstern:
Nach Auswahl bei einem Tab von „Always open this site in …“* öffnet sich
1. ohne Warnung/Hinweis
• ein (anscheinend) Klon des Tabs**, und zwar
• dort, wo gerade Aktivität war, also schlimmstenfalls, wo er im Leben nicht hingehört.
Das könnte ich noch verschmerzen, auch wenn es nervt. Aber
2. — wieder ohne Warnung/Hinweis! —
• es öffnen sich (alle? zumindest sehr, sehr viele) weitere(n) Inzidienzien dieses Tabs; in meinem Falle waren es zuerst hunderte, weil ich zuerst die dringendste Herausforderung an Privatheit angehen wollte.
Übrigens zunächst mit der (dann ziemlich) dussligen Warnung unter dem Titel “Multi-Account Containers Confirm Navigation”* mit dem Inhalt “Open this site in your assigned container? You asked Firefox to always open CarmaChamleon for this site: (…URL…) Would you still like to open in this current container?
[ ] Remember my decision for this site
[Open in Current Container] [Open in CarmaChamleon]”*.
Und dann noch einer… noch einer… noch… noch…noch… und nochundnochundnochundnochundnoch — und… so weiter.
Das erinnert mich an Windows-Installation im Vergleich zu Mac (früher jedenfalls): Windows fragt jeweils zu verschiedenen Zeitpunkten Dinge ab, statt diese vorab in einem Rutsch zu klären…
Suggestions to the developers:
Please consider those people who — like me — are “tab hoarders”.
—> warn that possibly hundreds of tabs will open when making that choice (at least once, with remember of course), or better
—> find another way of dealing with that situation:
• open in place, why not the same tab anyway? At least in the same window!!! — I (try to) put order into the placing of tabs in different windows, so don't mess with that, please…
• and… well no “and”, that would heal the problem of cluttery and confusion.
In the meantime, address us “tab hoarders” at least by putting up a warning on first usage, better yet a set of instructions — maybe there's a better way to set it up without annoyance and confusion?
Bear in mind, we might have fairly slow computers still in use, so when testing, consider that as well…
And, another thing:
With German, I offer help. My English is, hm, okay; my German is excellent, I love to use precise expressions that are still easy to understand.
* Übersetzung?!?!? — Deutsch ist nun nicht eine Sprache, die bloß von 20 versprengten Individuen in weit verstreuten Hütten in der Tundra oder dem Regenwald gesprochen wird…!
Ich würde auch dabei helfen, da ich auch Englisch recht gut beherrsche.
- by Firefox user 15742113, 3 months agoRated 3 out of 5The "Open this site in your assigned container?" page is so annoying. I would prefer to be able to choose a default container inside and choose specifically which website I want to open on a specific container.
- by Antonio, 3 months agoRated 3 out of 5I like it and I find it useful. A better interface should be provided in order to make it easier to manage websites. If the URL is too long the deletion icon is not visible/selectable. Also it's not possible to manually add a domain or use wildcards.
- by Reza, 5 months agoRated 3 out of 5for some website like creative market, when i want to open some link in creative market its always show confirmation like this "Open this site in your assigned container?" Please Fix
- by Eugene Muzychenko, 5 months agoRated 3 out of 5Due to very limited container management functionality, the add-on is almost unusable on many modern sites like Microsoft, AliExpress, eBay etc.
It is known that many sites use redirections to other [sub]domains to perform a login, to transfer the user to a payment service etc. The redirection may be performed several times, so the add-on may be unable to ask the user to establish domain-to-container correspondence. In such cases, the only way to successfully work with the site, is to remove it from the containers, and use only alone.
The solution is trivial: just to allow the user to enter/edit domain name manually, with wildcard (*) support. This would solve most problems described above. I asked about such feature some time ago, but the request was ignored.
- by Twisted Code (Phillip M.), 5 months agoRated 3 out of 5it does about what you would expect, though there are some serious UX issues I wouldn't have expected from an "official" plug-in. Particularly in regard to the "Always open in this container" feature. You would think after so many complaints/github-issues like #1999 (https://github.com/mozilla/multi-account-containers/issues/1999) about it being hard to undo, they would've done something. Can't in good faith rate this five stars until they fix this, but it's still a decent add-on either way.
- by JfmbLinux, 5 months agoRated 3 out of 5Entièrement en français aurait été bien.
Désolé, je ne pense pas être aussi stupide qu'un autre, mais votre appli ne fonctionne pas comme vous le dites.
J'ai deux comptes FB et ça ne change rien, je peux pas me connecter simultanément à mes deux comptes, même en regardant la vidéo... rien n'y fait.
- by Korwin, 7 months agoRated 3 out of 5Отличная идея. Но есть существенный баг. При отключении дополнения и повторном его включении теряется вся информации о правилах. А у меня была забита пара сотен доменов в десяток контейнеров. Дело в том, что я из России, и здесь приходится особенно следить за своей приватностью, отделяя проправительственные сайты от прочих. И я уже не стану составлять эти списки повторно, забивать их в дополнение вручную. Мне жаль тех часов, которые я на это убил. Без оснований надеяться, что мне не придется делать это в будущем еще и еще.
- by vipguy64, 8 months agoRated 3 out of 5Addendum: I didn't realize briefly turning this extension off would wipe out all my containers and settings for this extension. I turned it off for a bit since my Dad might need to use my browser for a bit and I didn't want him to be hassled by my extensions. So, I wish there had been a warning about this or a way to backup my containers and settings I've created over the past few months.
Original Review: Something I never knew I needed. Lots of user-friendly options such as being able to set a website to only ever be opened in one container. This means I don't have to first open a tab in that specific container then go to that website. Also, it's handy in preventing every social media in existence from tracking me since I've put each of them in their own container. Thank you Mozilla!
- by Firefox user 13037898, 8 months agoRated 3 out of 5As much as I like the feature, the plugin is buggy as hell. It sometimes forgets the tabs in a specific container for a time, then all of a sudden opens them up. Any subsequent opening of said container then doubles the tabs that were opened... The only remedy is to delete the container and recreate one. At which point we start again. For some reason this only happens on a few containers and never on others, so the plugin is still usable albeit frustrating.
- by BS, 8 months agoRated 3 out of 5Great concept, but the interface is clunky and the Sync feature doesn't seem to do anything. With a more powerful configuration tool (e.g. let me supply patterns such that any matching URL will be forced into a particular container, with no confirmation dialog) it would be perfect.
- by user, 9 months agoRated 3 out of 5Works great and allows extensive customization. However, if you ever disable this add-on all of your custom configurations will DISAPPEAR WITHOUT WARNING. There is no apparent ability to save your container names and configuration. Although I saw no warnings on the add-on site or reviews, a subsequent online search revealed that this is a long-time known problem. User beware!