Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
Performance improvement, Issue #74, now 800 or more local file links in a page are supported -
Links are still added to invisible links because handling of later addition seems too complicated.
* NEW: Direct open in browser
Files like jpg, txt, pdf, etc. can be directly opened in browser - accessible with context menu or
by default link behaviour change
* NEW: Environment path variables are supported e.g. %HOMEDRIVE% for Windows and $HOME$ for Linux -
Note: Links with env. var needs to use %25 for % and %24 for $ in href attr. (will be improved
e.g. for Windows %HOMEPATH%/
Trello links are working now. See issue #56
* FIX: Path handling with-out NS_ERROR_FILE_UNRECOGNIZED_PATH in console
* FIX: Non standard backslash links are working now. See issue #57
* FIX: Added directory check - fix for false executable notification #72
* CHECKED: Addon is multi-process compatible, see issue #48
* SECURITY: Added option to enable links to executable files (default is disabled)
See issue #16
* TECH: Added code linting (using eslint with google style) - runs with gulp or gulp lint or npm run
* CHANGE: New icon style with scaling to text - see issue #53 / #63
* FEATURE: Environment path variables are now possible - see issue #22
* FEATURE: Added Addonbar icon for easier access to config & to visualize if current tab is whitelisted
* FEATURE: Added localization (languages English, German & Russian)
Russian translation contributed by lmaodzedun
* FEATURE: New option to change default text link click behaviour (open/reveal)
* MAJOR cleanup and REWRITE by AWolf81, thanks for this big effort!
* FEATURE: Click the hyperlink text as opposed to clicking the icon, #11
* FEATURE: Optionally hide the icons, #36
* FEATURE: Have both: "Open containing folder" and "Open file" #32
* CHANGE: Open links in default program instead of file explorer #16
* CHANGE: Open folders directly instead of just selecting it
* CHANGE: Linux: support file:/// (with only 3 instead of 4 slashes)
* NEW: README.md gives more detailed instructions of how to dev this addon
* TECH: upgrade to sdk-1.17 and fix deprecations
- Fix issue #8: Page layout is shaky. (https://github.com/feinstaub/firefox_addon_local_filesystem_links/issues/8)
- Fix issue #5: "Prevent Reloading of Page" when working with Plone.