- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 17493766, a year agoAfter a few days I nailed it down to your extension on firefox that is causing random freezing for 3-10 seconds. Never had them prior, they stopped once it was disabled, started again when it was re-enabled.
Too bad, I like your extension- good work otherwise.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Trashify, a year agoNice add-on!
But missing many self hosted (free) link shortener.
Sure some of them come with bookmark scripts to shorten urls or some have their own standalone add-on, but most of them lack multiple services option like this addon.
Wish it would support:
- Rated 4 out of 5by Octavian, 2 years agoCan't be activated with a keyboard shortcut. This is especially useful in fullscreen, you always have to activate it with a click.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 15095562, 2 years agoUnfortunately, this extension does not allow you to delete the history of shortened links, so you have a permanent history available to anyone with one click. It also doesn't seem to recognize links that you have previously shortened.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Chico, 3 years agoIt does create a very short URL, but when you paste it somewhere it won't be a clickable link without modifying it first. The whole idea should be to make it as quick and easy as possible, and not creating a clickable link makes no sense to me.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Kain, 3 years agoTerrible, doesn't work! Keeps saying, "failed to shorten", and then demands that I acquire an "T.LY API key" because I've hit an extension limit. I'm not using T.LY and it doesn't matter which other URL shortening service I use, it keeps saying that. Then it keeps popping tabs open in my browser to the T.LY website demanding that I register with them. I'm not even using their service. MESSAGE TO DEVELOPER: fix this, or at least get rid of T.LY service altogether.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 16227626, 3 years agoDoes what it says on the tin with a click of a button, thanks!
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 15253789, 3 years agoWorked great on everything except Twitter. if i insert a link from this app into twitter, the twitter crashes
- Rated 5 out of 5by atscripter, 3 years agoWhat a great add-on! I was looking for a URL shortener that would also automatically copy the shortened link to my clipboard. Tim seems to very passionate about his tool and very responsive to inquiries. I had an issue with the add-on not keeping its settings if Firefox is set to clear cache upon exist but this was fixed in the latest release and it's working great. Keep up the good work!
- Rated 5 out of 5by KMPLSV, 3 years agoExcellent add-on from an excellent developer. I have been a fan of Tim's simple, clean work for quite some time now and this is no different. Great job!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13715747, 3 years agoThis might be the only one that is simple, straightforward and unobtrusive
- Rated 2 out of 5by JMPV, 3 years agoHey, buddy...
Everything was going great, I don't know what happened but something hasn't been right for several days.
Let me explain... I use this extension from the context menu because it is more practical than clicking on the icon, but since several days ago it turns out that it copies the same link to different url... I don't know if I explain myself. I start by shortening the first url through the context menu and it does it well, that is, it corresponds to the url I have shortened, but then with the following ones it comes out the same shortened url.
I hope you can fix it. Greetings and Merry Christmas
Developer responseposted 3 years agoWhat operating system are you using? I just did some testing and all links shortened and coped. Make sure you do not close the tab too quickly or it will not have time to shorten.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 15218065, 4 years agogood.
Developer responseposted 4 years agoThis feature should be available in the next version of the extension coming soon. v1.1.3
- Rated 4 out of 5by mabellebam, 4 years agoHi! I couldn't see the option to shorten a URL when I right click the link. Is this function available? Thanks!
Developer responseposted 4 years agoSorry, this feature is only available in Chrome. The description has been updated.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14149192, 5 years agoExcellent extension. When shortening, it seems to always pick-up the site specific short URL before resorting to one of the generic services.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14163143, 5 years agogreat commodity!
especially for my (copycat*-) creative workflow :)
*(or whenever working cross-referencially)
- Rated 5 out of 5by Renaldo Freire, 5 years agoExcellent extension! I hope it stays functional even with the apparent discontinuance of the service by google.