Rated 1 out of 5by oravavaara, 2 years ago
Instead of limiting the time I could spend on the target website, it entirely blocked it and redirected to the alternate website I had selected. I hadn't used the target website at all today, and it wouldn't allow me to use it for the 30 minutes I had set it up for. If you want to just block a website, this is effective for that, but if you're looking to limit the time you spend on a website, you'll have to find something else.
Developer responseposted 2 years ago
I'm willing to bet that LB is doing exactly what you told it to do, but you entered the wrong settings. Please consult the examples page for clarification: https://www.proginosko.com/leechblock/examples/
- Rated 5 out of 5by David, 5 days agoThis extension is so annoyingly good.
I use it to
- block websites I don't want to visit
- prevent myself from endlessly browsing comment sections
- have a slight delay on websites I sometimes need to visit but often browse aimlessly
- redirect myself from newspages to my (imageless) RSS-collection that's much less inviting for timewasting
And so far every idea I had just works
Huge thanks to the dev team. Amazing work there
- Rated 5 out of 5by Bradford Morrison, 6 days agoThis is one of the best browser extensions for college students ever! If you lack the will power to close your browser and stop watching YouTube or scrolling Instagram before 3am this will fix it! It is light weight and runs great. You can even add a custom URL (Like that assignment your putting off) to reroute to if you try and open a blocked page. The military time set up is a little confusing for some people but nothing you can't Google. Overall a great add on. I will not run Firefox or Chrome without it.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Manuel, a month agoBuena extensión para evitar (o al menos moderar) el doomscrolling y los medios de desinformación catastrofistas y depresivos a los que muchas veces somos adict@s. En mi caso he bloqueado el 20m*****s.es, RT**.es, La R***n.es, El M***o.es, OKD*****.es, P*****o.es y un largo etc. de medios de manipulación y mi calidad de vida ha mejorado sustancialmente, ahora puedo despertarme, tomar mi taza de café, y leer o escuchar algo que me haga crecer y pensar en mis metas y objetivos, y no enfadarme ni creer que el mundo va a acabar al leer a estos medios.
Infinitas gracias por la extensión!
P.D: se echaría de menos un modo para sincronizar las blacklists entre dispositivos
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 17485226, a month agoI have been looking for options present in this extension for a very long time. Glad I found this today. It is really helping me with my YouTube addiction.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 17226322, a month agoGoated extension honestly. Easy to use and super customizable. Was the first step of many to get my productivity (and subsequently the enjoyment of my free time) back.