- Rated 1 out of 5by bosworthdk, 10 months agoNew update has made the extension completely useless. List of problems follows below.
The fact that this has been pushed out with what cannot have been any real testing has made me regret ever having recommended lastpass to people I know. I will never recommend it again and if this is not sorted within a few days I will migrate to another service.
If Lastpass cannot test a browser extensions core functionality I don't trust them to keep my passwords secure.
use case: i have the account info saved, but it is not automatically detected by lastpass extension.
New behavior: type search term, press enter, get taken to the "all relevant" tab, which has no relevant entries, which is why I searched.
Expected behavior: when I search, show me search results or a message that nothing was found.
Use case: i have the entry for a credit card at the top of the list in the lastpass extension (by making it a favorite, as search is borked. see above). i wish to input card details to the site i am on.
new behavior: click entry which opens a new tab with the edit window of the card details. I can then manually select and copy-paste the card no and security code, while remembering the expiry and switching tabs several times to accomplish paying with my credit card.
expected behavior: input the card details to the paymet form fields
There are other problems as well. 🤡
Update: I tried to email email@example.com which was listed on the extension page as the support contact and the email bounced with "554 4.3.2 mailbox busy" - great work guys... SMH
2nd update: disabling "Use improved save and fill" in advanced settings in my lastpass vault restored old behavior - thank god. still a one star review until this is resolved. also still a huge blow to my confidence in the team behind lastpass.
- Rated 1 out of 5by DanRoger, 10 months agoThis extension just updated and the functionality has been dramatically impaired. I can no longer launch a site from the add on, I have to go to the vault. The automatic fill in through the add on also does not recognize the website nor does it fill anything in.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17742817, 10 months agoThe recent UI and logic updates are just a pain to deal with. When trying to add a new password through the + icon and typing a username that in part already is somewhere in the vault, the extension automatically decides to swap me over to update an existing password thinking it knows better. I am also getting far more unnecessary prompts to update passwords when I am doing nothing related to passwords. The search in the vault hasn't worked correctly. I don't understand how they managed to ruin all functionality with what seems like an UI update, but that's exactly what they did.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17742463, 10 months agoThe latest plugin release for firefox 220.127.116.11 is not working. It doesn't provide the login credentials for a site and in the vault I cannot edit any password entry!
Update: A Firefox Update to 109.0 was pending - after doing that, the plugin worked properly.
Nevertheless only 1 start because of the poor communication and actions around the data breach.
Update 2: Still 1 star as the settings of the add-on is never saved and I have to re-set the flags after every browser start
- Rated 1 out of 5by disgruntled vet, 10 months agoLiked it well enough until I learned they allowed hackers to access pretty much everything (regardless if it's encrypted or not).
Tells me as an IT person their internal security is negligent. This will be the last time I buy a security product from a venture capital funded firm. It's all about the Benjamins, eh??
Lastpass, go look up the meaning of "Principle of least privilege" You will find it in Security 101.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13866037, 10 months agoThey've had multiple security incidents, with the most recent (and worst) one December 2022 in which every single person's password vaults & all the information associated with their account was leaked. They then said it'd be soooo hard to decrypt so don't worry too much. The vaults are now being decrypted.
If you haven't already, stop using this service and change all your passwords.
- Rated 1 out of 5by cyberoid_v, 10 months agoI've been a long-time user of lastpass. With the barrage of recent security incidents and lack of transparency as to what and who has been affected *in addition to* lack of general usability - I will be leaving lastpass behind. I can no longer edit my passwords, and navigating the vault is a broken mess. "Shared" passwords and data re-pings me every time I open my vault, and glitches out upon opening the tab.
Value your information more than lastpass and use something else.