- Rated 3 out of 5by Dollique, a month agoIt's okay, but I have a bug where it doesn't check commas and punctuation.
And also on some form fields (like this review) it just doesn't work at all.
Developer responseposted a month ago"And also on some form fields (like this review) it just doesn't work at all." -- this is a limitation of Firefox: no add-on is allowed to run on addons.mozilla.org.
We can take a look at the other bug if you post a more detailed description to forum.languagetool.org.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13177490, 2 months agoUntil recently, it was really great, but since the last update, it's become quite annoying. Every time there's a suggestion for correction, two windows pop up simultaneously, which you always have to close with a mouse click, and that's killing my nervs. If you, like me, use a lot of specialized terminology that the language tool doesn't recognize yet, the entire text is constantly plastered with suggestions. It makes working impossible. Additionally, it now only wants to correct into Dutch, even though German and English are selected. This renders the tool completely unusable.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Axolotl, 3 months agoWorks well for general sites, but full of little annoyances. It's broken on some sites (Atticus), and won't function on others (Novlr, my main writing site). The free version is far too limiting on words but premium is far too expensive to be reasonable, very odd that after years there's no middle ground option.
Disappointingly they've also fallen to the over-hype of AI writing. All AI writing programs are based on the scraping and theft of other peoples work to train their bot. As a writer who's had my work stolen by AI datasets, it's insulting to have AI there with a forefront button demanding to rewrite things for me, and no way to shut it off.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Rainer, 6 months agoWenn es nicht oft die falsche Sprache erkennen und dann alles als falsch markieren und sinnfreie Vorschläge machen würde oder man die automatische Erkennung ausschalten könnte, wäre es richtig gut. Ich habe Muttersprache Deutsch und bevorzugte Sprache Deutsch und dann kommt es mit Niederländisch daher und macht alle Vorschläge in Niederländisch.
Nachtrag zur Antwort.
Danke, das habe ich schon mal gemacht, brachte aber keine Lösung. Das Problem tritt vorwiegend bei Google Notizen auf und selbst wenn man händisch auf Deutsch stellt, ist es nächstes mal wieder Niederländisch. Am besten wäre wohl, die automatische Erkennung auszuschalten.
- Rated 3 out of 5by AJ, 7 months agoExcellent product. However, not satisfied with the add-on. The inline pop-up closes every time the page is scrolled. My display is 1280x, and I use a mouse, and i will have to scroll to see the language suggestions. It becomes very annoying to reopen often. Need an option to close manually only using the close button, it should not close on page scroll. It also sometimes closes itself, when fetching paraphrasing suggestions, must be a bug.
Update: Posted, and pending.
Developer responseposted 7 months agoSorry about that, but I cannot reproduce it, and we didn't get this kind of bug report before. You might want to post to our forum (https://forum.languagetool.org) with a more detailed description that allows reproducing the issue.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Timothy, 8 months agoI would rate 5 stars but I think you should be able to turn of the notification that the text has advanced errors. I understand that they need a subscription of that but I think we should have the option to not accept, I would rather it just ask me if I wanted to upgrade every once in a while rather than always tell me that there is a problem and not telling me how to fix it.
- Rated 3 out of 5by leomon32, a year agoIt works nicely, but since the 13th of July update, I have a constant "!" warning when I write a text and I have to click it then click "I understand" in a separate page like 10 times a day, I don't know why it was perfect before...
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14204540, a year agoIt will work almost all the time when correcting your spelling, but many times it misses the grammar, hence not as polished as Grammarly.
OK, so I write the text, and it will correct me attempt (this sentence is correct according to LanguageTool
However, according to Grammarly it corrected my text to (OK, so I write the text, and it will correct 'my' attempt) which, I believe, is better.
There are many more cases where LT cannot detect the proper grammar. Also, I am on premium plan with ''Enhanced grammar, punctuation and style checking''. The only reason I use it because it helps me with additional language. Overall, it is decent for the job, but if you speak only English, then I don't recommend it.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13113988, 2 years agoEs wäre schon wenn das System noch was besser mit meinem FireFox arbeitet. Das heist den Text den ich schreiben will besser über das Adon nutzen zu können. Und das Kontrollieren eines Dokument über Browser von Texten könnte bei dem Preis auch was besser klappen. Alle weiteren Anwendungen wird die Software mir zu teuer. Ich bezahle schon eine Jahresgebühr und die ist teuer genug um das Unternehmen und die Idee zu Finanzieren für Open-Source