Review by Firefox user 15763482
- Rated 3 out of 5by Sans Undertale, 19 days agoCan someone please fork this? I need a good Invidious Redirect extension with URL Parameter support.
Developer responseposted 19 days agoHi. There is now LibreRedirect. Invidition is no longer maintained (since years).
- Rated 3 out of 5by Meridith, 3 years agoI like this, however it took some tweaking to function for some reason. Probably some obscure bug or something.
If quality was set to Dash and both "Use Parameters" or "Override cookies" were enabled at the same time, invidio.us playback never starts and loads forever. If either of the two settings are disabled while one is left on, or both are disabled, it functions just as expected.
- Rated 5 out of 5by gripped, 3 years agoBest example of a Invidious redirect extension I have found. And I think I tried most of them? And if you want Invidious to work well run your own private instance.
- Rated 5 out of 5by ardouronerous, 3 years agoI really love your addon.
My only complaint is that the Dash setting for Invidious is kinda buggy, because on every video that I play, the video quality starts at 144p or 240p, and I have to manually set it to 480p myself.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Erotavlas, 3 years agoGreat extension. Please add support to bibliogram (instagram alternative front-end https://bibliogram.art)Hi!
This feature is already planned (and partly added, the code is already on codeberg) but according to the author of Bibliogram and since I'll be away for the next month, I'll not release the new version on AMO until March.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14379205, 3 years agoI like this Add-on but
1. Performance increasement for embed videos (on GOG for example just toggle trough the Game Trailers if you don't know what I mean)
2. Remove "Offline" or Private instances from the list or exclude them from the "fastest" button(for me the fastest instance is Private so I don't know what the second fastest is)
and add one or two "fallback" instance slots if the preferred instance is down(it switches automated to the next in the list) for example
3. More option("Show annotations by default" would be a great option) for the instances in the Add-on and finally add some for the Nitter instances
Well that are some recommendations from me but I really like the add-on and the embed stuff might be a bit slow but it works unlike(https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/replace-youtube-with-invidious) what I first used.
So my last recommendation for you is tell more ppl that this great Add-on exists cause I needed much time until I finally found it.Hi!
1. What do you mean by performance increasement? It runs smooth on my computer (on the first game trailer I saw on GoG). Also, if you have performances troubles, it's mainly caused by the instance you are using or Invidious itself, since Invidition is just replacing YouTube embed by Invidious's one.
2. I would like to do that since some time but it's blocked by a missing option on the API. An issue is open on Invidious's Github and I am waiting for an answer.
3. Could you please open an issue on Codeberg to keep track of your wanted feature? Thanks.
Thanks a lot for your comment! I don't want to talk too much about Invidition since it's just a hobby project I did for myself (but decided to release because, hey, I thought it would be useful for others too) and I can't work on it too often.
I am working on new stuff and will release a new version in March, once I come back from my journey.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Simon, 3 years agoThe extension does not persist my settings.Hey.
Can you please open an issue on Codeberg so I can keep tracks of your troubles?
- Rated 3 out of 5by wongfeihung1984, 3 years agoI wanted to go with 5 stars but recently nitter stopped redirecting twitter to nitter....it used to work perfectly but now I can open twitter on my browser....Invidious works like a charm.
Edit: thank you for your reply and I hope you'll be able to have a look when you have time of course : )I am away from home actually. I will investigate the issue you opened on codeberg asap.
- Rated 5 out of 5by pelle, 3 years agoFantastic. The new Nitter addition for Twitter is great. Thanks for your work!
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 15325428, 3 years agoWhy does it need access to my clipboard since latest update? What is the reason for that?As stated in the description, it's needed to be able to copy the cleaned version of the url to the clipboard. Go on a video and click on the pop-up menu to see this option.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14760314, 4 years agoPlease make "&quality=dash" as an option,
I just add this while ISP limits my Internet speed up to 1mbps.
Developer responseposted 4 years agoI am actually working on the next version of the extension. It will include the ability to select the quality and a lot of different improvements.
Edit: You can track actual issues on gitlab: https://gitlab.com/Booteille/invidition/issues
Edit²: This option has been added in 0.11.0.