- Rated 1 out of 5by Shigbeard, a month agoFrankly an overrated extension. Despite all the statistics they'll tell you, I've been using this for about 2 years and found maybe coupons once or twice? Less than 1% of the time has honey actually saved me money. The rest of the time the coupons they've found are worse than the deals I already get, or they just don't have any coupons for me.
It's really not worth it at all.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13062660, a month agoThings that I have added to my drop-list, when notifications are sent saying prices have changed? They are grossly inaccurate! I have sent two notifications to Honey's Help Desk, and have received no response. I am very close to discontinuing this account over this issue, as it is a waste of my time!
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 16396413, 3 months agoi have used honey for ages, however in the past six months it has stopped working on firefox entirely, including in incognito tabs with no other extensions running. i wish it worked, i hate looking up coupon codes and i love the honey gold system but it just doesnt work.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Steve, 3 months agoJust wanted to let people know that this plugin causes very high memory usage on MacOS. It works, but if you have lots of tabs and windows open, it will suck up your memory like crazy.
- Rated 1 out of 5by spartangame, 4 months agoThe redeem honey feature doesn't work. My honey points are always sent back to my account after it keeps failing to redeem them. I've been trying to redeem them for a month and same thing. I even reached out to their support team and they said they'd get back to me with an update, it's been 3 weeks since then and haven't heard anything
- Rated 1 out of 5by Spaypraint, 4 months agoUsually used honey to earn points for some cash back. Worked pretty decent for a while. However just recently when I inquired about some missing points that had not been added for several months I was instantly blocked and black listed. I reached out on twitter and facebook with the same results. Once they asked for my email I was blocked. Now I am sitting on a couple hundred in points that I cannot redeem without explanation. Worst CS ever
- Rated 1 out of 5by andyonix, 6 months agoTO be honest it worked a few times at first, after a few years its spotty at best, and even when it says it saves me money.... nothing happens, no discount, and no Honey Gold. Before a transaction completes It will say i qualify for gold, and after the transaction completes it will say i did not qualify for gold..... i hate being lied to, i despise it.
SO do i recommend honey..... NO, 98% of the time it cannot find me deals at all, period. since i got HONEY in 2018 i have made over 1200 purchases online, yet HONEY only recognizes 21.... ******* 21, and out of those only 11 got gold and a discount... and over 1000 over those purchases were from Walmart.com, Amazon.com, Newegg.com, Microsoft.com, and Kinguin.net. ALL OF THEM ARE SUPPORTED BY HONEY.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Cas, 6 months agoLess than useless. I used it for two months and none of the purchases I made that should have qualified for gold were logged. None of the coupons ever worked--even when other coupons on Google worked. If I'm going to have spyware installed onto my browser I'm going to get something for it--not this obnoxious popup that refuses to acknowledge my purchases.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13577546, 7 months agoAfter a year of use I dont think Honey helped me save more than 10€. Websites I visited often didn't work with Honey, or I could fine better code in 5 min. Codes from youtubers and others are nearly always better.
Also, Honey collects a lot of data, even without an account. For every visit of a page in an online shop, Honey logs at least the following information: a timestamp, multiple unique IDs for user, session and device, the operation system, the browser and browser version, geolocation details, and the full URL of the visited page.
They also log infos on other websites like forums or support pages.
The idea is great, the execution really isn't.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Edna, 7 months agoInstalled. Used on Cineplex ticket page for entering promo code. Started it and it sent me back to the homepage, removing everything. Now I have to put in all my info again. Not recommended.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Graysongdl, 7 months agoTried installing this to see what all the fuss was about. The next day, Firefox started lagging so hard I had to force close it with task manager 5 times. No matter how many tabs I closed, no matter how much I watched the Firefox task manager to see what tabs were causing the problem, it would not stop.
When it finally occurred to me only one thing had changed between it working fine yesterday and it freezing my whole computer today, I uninstalled Honey in the brief moments I had control over Firefox, and suddenly everything went back to normal.
Looking at other reviews, I'm not the only one to have this problem. Do NOT use if you have a lot of tabs open, even if they're dormant, Honey will brick your browser.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17422514, 8 months agoI had Honey for YEARS back when I was still on Google Chrome and it never saved me money on anything, I could even find codes after 5 minutes of Google searching that it didn't have. Recently decided to try it again on Waterfox and had the same experience. It never saved me anything and half the time I could manually hunt for a code and find a working one myself in 5 minutes. The extension asks you to make a Honey account and based on the description for the extension itself this seems to be mostly so it can track you and sell anonymized data, but that may still be of concern to privacy conscious individuals. Personally I do not recommend Honey, I think you are better off using your preferred search engine to hunt for codes yourself.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 15444083, 9 months agoThis add on sometimes shows up and I can't get rid of it unless I exit the browser and search again for the item in question. It has only saved me about $2 and I've been using it for over a year. I'm just done with having my purchases interrupted with this add on. Definitely do not recommend.