- Rated 5 out of 5by Pablo, 4 months agoThis extension is great and does as it says but for the past 2 days, none of the thumbnails on youtube are being blurred. Im not sure if this is because of a setting I disabled or because of a bug but I would really appreciate if it could get fixed.
- Rated 4 out of 5by BessieMae, 9 months agoThank you. A clickbait result came up during a search and the thumbnail was a big close up of something I found very disturbing. I searched for a way to hide thumbnail images and found this. It works. I especially like that it hides them not only in search results but also recommended videos. So, if that horrid clickbait video comes up I still don't have to see the image.
The only issue and it's a minor one is hide unless hovering doesn't seem to work. When I tried that option the thumbnails were just visible. For peace of mind I'm choosing to just hide thumbnails all the time.
- Rated 4 out of 5by megaloo, 9 months agolove this extension, but i wish it would have a few more options on hiding the thumbnails. i.e blurred thumbnails but they appear if you hover, or the ability to change the thumbnails to a solid color. other than that, i can't complain, it's pretty much what i was looking for! keep up the good work!
Developer responseposted 7 months agoThanks for all the feedback megaloo! Recent changes have added options that you can access via the extension settings panel. They don't do exactly what you've suggested here, but there are now options for blurring / showing on hover etc. :)
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 17658178, a year agoThis extension is useful but please add these features:
1. Blur thumbnail instead of hiding option
2. Show the video duration while blurring thumbnail
3. On/off keyboard shortcutGlad you're finding it useful and thank you for your feedback! To track suggestions 1 and 2 I've created https://github.com/domdomegg/hideytthumbnails-extension/issues/7 and suggestion 3 is tracked in https://github.com/domdomegg/hideytthumbnails-extension/issues/2
- Rated 5 out of 5by Finn, a year agoThis is exactly the extension I was looking for. I watch a bunch of youtube channels & videos with "scary" content, but i tend to hate the thumbnails that go along with them (the clickbait-y trend for ~scary~ videos being what it is - "find the most disturbing visual & distort it into something even less pleasant to look at"), which makes it a slog to scroll through some of the channels i actually enjoy! thanks to the developer for making this add-on available, it works well & makes youtube a more accessible site to navigate. 5 starsHey Finn, thanks for the stars and your detailed review - I really appreciate it! Glad this helps you watch "scary" content without the slog of having to scroll through channels with unpleasant thumbnails :)
- Rated 5 out of 5by zopoyo, 2 years agoWay better than what i was expecting. Over the years, i have developed a bad habit of going to youtube when I get stuck on a tough problem or just unconsciously. I noticed that the thumbnails where a huge problem because they were the main reason for me picking a particular video. I wanted something like this to deprive my mind of the colorful thumbnails that it uses.Hi zopoyo, thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review, it means a lot! Glad this has helped break the cycle of defaulting to browsing YouTube as a form of procrastinating on tough problems - and props to you for setting up systems in place to make yourself more effective!
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 16024671, 3 years agoGreat! the only thing missing is a button icon to place on toolbars ("customize"-friendly), to turn it on/off.Thanks for the review and useful feedback. Some other users have suggested a toggle option so I'm looking into that. Tracking in https://github.com/domdomegg/hideytthumbnails-extension/issues/2