- by Firefox user 13483851, 5 months agoRated 5 out of 5Great addon, almost a perfect replacement for FVD SD. I understand its still in development though thats why the 5 stars.
It would be nice if we can choose in which group the dial we are adding goes.
Im using your addon in both opera and firefox and for some reason the dial thumbnails are blurry in opera, i hope it gets fixed.
Developer responseposted 5 months agoHello,
See Options page / Context menu / "Show list of groups in context menu for fast insert".
That may help.
Those blurry images in Opera and other Chromium browsers is a known issue. I will try to look into it again.
- by xxjohndifoolxx, 5 months agoRated 5 out of 5i adopted it after FVD dial bannishment from AMO and really enjoy your extension ! i could import all my old bookmarks dials from FVD easily and that's a really good thing ! keep up the good work ! 5 stars deserved !
- by BrowserUser, 5 months agoRated 5 out of 5This is an EXCELLENT replacement for Speed Dial [FVD] -- The ability to export and import all settings and dials, between browsers; INCLUDING dial thumbnails, makes this an excellent replacement.
- by Brandon, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5A good FVD Speed dial replacement..but can you add a option to edit all groups at onceHello,
I'm planning this soon. I just need to think it through to make it easy to use and easy to build :). Maybe some "Apply to all groups" button. I will look into it after I finish current design upgrade.
- by onyxo, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5Top notch addon. I used Speed Dial(fvd) before and I appreciate GSD's fast startup time and intuitive menus with many well thought out settings.
Few feature suggestions:
- option to set the bar with groups to autohide for a more minimalistic look
- option to apply visual settings in Edit group menu to all groups at once
- mouse-over effect for dials where they go from dim to fully bright
Thanks and keep up the good workThank you for the suggestions!
I'm gonna be building new themes very soon so I will try to add these.
Multi-dial and multi-group editing is also planned (but this is gonna be a bit harder...).
- by Shimbee, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5The addon used to be mediocre and I encountered a few problems and missing features I needed. This led me to use another speed dial addon. But now this addon has improved and is one of the best group dial addons, the developer has worked well on it. This addon is also much faster than the previous Speed Dial addon I was using, the homepage loads instantly and there are much more options overall. Thanks SirHello,
I'm so happy to hear this :). Please let me know if there is more to be improved. I'm noting all feature requests and those most requested are being implemented sooner.
I've released version 17.0 yesterday with some requested fixes/features and soon I will be releasing 17.1 with new batch of new features.
Have a nice week :)
- by gamerz651, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5when i load a thumbnail from an url, the size is bigger and not adjusted to the "square" of the dial. i don't find where to do it, or if it is possible.
(i cant answer to the developper so i wish if i edit my comment he can see it, if not i will post a new comment)
in fact there is already an option fill (stretch) or cover. that was what i looked for
thanks 5 stars
can you add an option that adds the favicon as a thumbnail?Hello,
In the "Edit dial" window on the "Visual" tab you can change the thumbnail position.
In the upcoming release it will be automatically set to "Center (contain)" for all custom images.