- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14129858, 11 days agoI've lost my saved changes after syncing. Also, cannot edit group names, order or content anymore (right-clicking doesnt work), the settings are totally non-intuitive & actually don't do anything useful.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 15684838, 2 months agoRe install firefox and Group speed dial add on. Unable to google login, all the important tabs are now lost. Very frustrating.
Developer responseposted 2 months agoHello,
Google login was temporary unaccessible Friday / Saturday (morning) due to network issues at my VPS provider.
It should work again. If not, please contact me to my support email.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 18028100, 3 months agoDon't bother with this dialer. It keeps deleting all of my bookmarks that I spend quite a bit of time setting up. Sometimes they'll last for a few months, sometimes only a few days. I'm getting really sick of having to re-input all of my dials and setting things up over and over again. It's extremely frustrating to open my browser to go to a site I've bookmarked to find all of them gone. It's happened far too many times and I'm done!!!!
Developer responseposted 3 months agoHello,
It's not normal to loose any data. It's worth investigating why it's getting deleted.
Some info about recovery can be found here:
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 11478734, 5 months ago20230628, screen image with the issue
breaks other addons functionality
Simple Tab Groups: opening a URL in a container defined in Simple Tab Groups
or, in an aother way
only accept it if you pay a monthly subscription fee
opening a URL in a container is a basic functionality of Firefox, not letting-blocking addons of this functionality is unacceptable
Developer responseposted 5 months agoHello,
My addon is not blocking any native browser features (or other addon features), that would be insane. At least I can honestly say I'm not aware of any such thing.
The dials in my addon are simple links (anchor elements), if the target page is assigned to a container (using the Firefox Containers addon), it will be opened in a container.
The PRO version in my addon only allows assigning specific dials to specific container.
I'm really sorry for the issues, feel free to contact me with more details and we can try to investigate it further.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Yannis GOOSEman, a year ago- Έχασα ΟΛΕΣ τις ομάδες που είχα δημιουργήσει, μόλις επέλεξα απ'τις [Επιλογές->Ομάδες->Απόκρυψη ομάδων και τμήματος σύνδεσης]! (ΔΕΝ ΜΠΟΡΟΥΣΑ ΜΕ ΤΙΠΟΤΑ, ΝΑ ΞΑΝΑ ΕΠΙΛΕΞΩ ΤΙΣ [ΕΠΙΛΟΓΕΣ]! Το εικονίδιο, εξαφανιζόταν ΑΜΕΣΩΣ! Απογοητεύτηκα, εγκατέλειψα και τέλος τα ΕΧΑΣΑ!!!)
- ΔΕΝ μπορείς να επιλέξεις ήδη ανοιγμένες καρτέλες και να τις προσθέσεις ως ΛΙΣΤΑ, σε ένα παράθυρο ΟΜΑΔΑΣ. (Μάλλον ΑΝ ΔΕΝ ΠΛΗΡΩΣΕΙΣ!)
- Επίσης, ΔΕΝ μπορείς να προσθέσεις μία καρτέλα, σε ένα ήδη παράθυρο μίας ομάδας που έχει ήδη αποθηκευμένη άλλη καρτέλα! (Μάλλον ΑΝ ΔΕΝ ΠΛΗΡΩΣΕΙΣ!)
- ΔΕΝ μπορείς να ΚΡΥΨΕΙΣ, παραπάνω από μία ομάδα (ΜΕ)/Ή ΧΩΡΙΣ ΚΩΔΙΚΟ!!!
- ΔΕΝ μπορείς να ΚΡΥΨΕΙΣ ένα ΠΑΡΑΘΥΡΟ σε μία ομάδα! (ΜΕ / Ή ΧΩΡΙΣ ΚΩΔΙΚΟ)
- Η Pro έκδοση, ΔΕΝ είναι εφάπαξ! (Πληρώνεις κάθε μήνα μια συνδρομή, όσο κάνεις χρήση και μέχρι να την ακυρώσεις!)
Developer responseposted a year agoHello,
I'm sorry for all those issues!
Loosing dials should be pretty hard, there is a lot of recovery options:
Regarding the Pro features, there is only handful of those:
Most features is free.
The main problem is that many of the features can be hard to discover, for example right click on the group name / Edit group can give you access to resizing or changing group layout (when it's full).
- Rated 1 out of 5by Bill Sr., 2 years agoUsed to work fine, but NOW images don't display on latest Firefox update! No info on a fix! Right now I cannot recommend this addon.
Follow-up comments 06-19-2022. I was never able to recover displays for any of the URLs I wanted to use. Though the displays were all missing, I could still click on individual dials, so I continued to use this addon. I'm a real novice when it comes to understanding your directions...but though I attempted to follow them and reload all the displays, I just could not make any of the instructions work. I've since deleted all the dials and want to know if I re-install the addon and restore each URL one by one to see if the displays will become visible again. Finally, your video is probably 99% usable by a large percentage of your followers. However, due to my hearing impairment I can't follow your message only because you talk a bit too rapidly for me to adequately follow it. Perhaps you might consider a step-by-step written version to help others who have the same difficulty as me. I do like your addon, but having the display would make it significantly better for me. Thanks for your consideration.
Checkout the "Fixing broken dials page" article I've wrote recently.
Sadly, database implementation in all major browsers is fragile so sometimes thumbnails breaks. It happens to some users more often, for others it never happens. It's hard to say why, could be also sign of SSD issues.
If you need further assistance, please write me email or create new issue on my github page.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Benzin, 2 years agoНе устанавливайте этот мусор, он платный. То что в FVD было бесплатно для любого человека по умолчанию - тут вам надо платить 2 доллара в месяц. Что, думаете за 2 доллара получите все? Залупу вам на воротник, тут есть и подписка на 5, на 10 и на 20 баксов. Надо кому нибудь объяснять разницу между двумя и двадцатью долларами в Америке и 20 долларами в России, Украине, Белоруси и остальными пост-советскими странами? Ищите аналоги, друзья, этот мусор этого не стоит. Да кстати, дилы обновляет по часу. Это просто пестетс...
(For DEV-Зарплата у продавщиц в магазинах в Словакии 600-800 евро, средняя ЗП в России, не в Москве, если повезет-240-360 долларов, налогов на все больше 60%. Давай, расскажи мне еще как тебе плохо в Словакии.)Hello,
Most of the features is free. The paid Pro version has only a handful of features:
I live in a Slovakia and it's pretty expensive here. The money from Patreon barely covers my monthly expenses :(
- Rated 1 out of 5by duckword, 2 years agoThis is great when it works. The free one only works about 90% of the time in Firefox. The images just don't show. Should not have to restart my computer every time I open a new tab. If the free one don't work why pay for the PRO.
- Rated 1 out of 5by WinCent2, 2 years agoIn addon, there is an error: when you move the Dial, several empty Dial appear, while the number of columns in the group settings increases - this happens with each such movement of the Dial. You have to delete empty columns and restore the settings of the columns so that the Dial is not so small.
It is also logical to make the thumbnails from the URL at the time of saving become offline and no longer use the URL, because there is a property that this particular URL will lose its relevance and this thumbnail will need to be restored again.
- Rated 1 out of 5by hugo, 2 years agoIf you want to fall into the same trap as with FVD Speed Dial sending your data to the cloud, go ahead and use this one. I wouldn't recommend it.Hello,
The cloud account is optional - if you don't create account, no user data will be stored on the server at all.
I'm just an honest developer trying to make a world a better place :)
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14341308, 2 years agoTrying to add images on the dials is a nightmare as with FVD the sizing was NEVER an issue now I have to try and find a proper size for the dial???? If this is ever resolved the rating will go up.
**Update to reply*** - Again NEVER needed to do ANY of this with FVD so even though that addon was "shady" at least it was easy. Your basically only speed dial alternative so I am going to continue using but having all these extra steps that I never needed to do before is what kills your rating from me....Sorry just my honest review.Hello,
If you are adding custom images, make sure to change "Position" to "Center (contain)". You can do it in the Edit dial window / Visual.
I know some things are not as intuitive as it should be. I will be releasing new version next week that should simplify things :)
- Rated 1 out of 5by Vasya, 2 years agoДерьмо. Потратил 10 мин чтобы найти как сделать больше иконок или просто сделать их размер меньше.... не нашел. Сделано кривыми рукамиHello,
Right click the group name and select "Edit group" (or from the main menu). There you can make group scrollable, add more rows or columns to fit more dials.
I hope this helps!
- Rated 1 out of 5by Marojejy, 2 years agoI loved Speed Dial for years and then, the last update turned to be a total nightmare, I tried several hours but it's just zero. I don't want to spend hours to set up something that should help. It becomes unclear, buggy, useless and ugly. Just don't want it anymore. No synchro, nothing is working, mine was based on most used tabs, but even that seems to be limited to 12 boxes... I have no word to define my anger. (but thanks for your reply)Hello,
I know some things are not as intuitive as it should be and visuals are basic..., but there is many options and you should be able to tune it into your liking.
What you were probably looking for was the "Edit group" window (when you right click group name) where you can change number of rows / columns and even make the group scrollable to fit more dials.
The synchronization should work without any issues across devices and browsers, just make sure you are logged in the same account.
Regarding most-used dials, yeah, this is indeed missing since there is no tracking of user activity. I will try to implement something something for it in the near future.
- Rated 1 out of 5by embajador1, 2 years agoсинхронизация платная
как включить синхронизацию ?EDIT:
Regarding your question - the synchronization is automatic, just login to the same account on all devices:
I hope this helps :)
The synchronization is not paid :).
There is only few Pro features, all listed here:
Most of the features including all Cloud synchronization and backup is forever free!
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13506740, 3 years agoif you dont have internet, all the thumbnail are going to waste
Developer responseposted 3 years agoHello,
The thumbnails are created from previews, so yes, without internet you won't get previews.
But once you get online, you can reload them all from the main menu.
And if you really want to stay offline 100% time, you can load individual thumbnails locally from the drive.