- by Firefox user 12356698, 2 days agoRated 2 out of 5I've used Ghostery for a long time, but can't anymore because it causes pages to freeze up and hang now.
And looking into it, this issue has been a frequently occurring one going back some time.
- by Danohall, 3 months agoRated 2 out of 5Ghostery appears to be interfering with Yahoo email add block app. If I turn off the ad block portion of Ghostery, then Yahoo email add block works fine. Please fix this Ghostery.
- by Firefox user 16721224, 10 months agoRated 2 out of 5Works great, but unfortunately doesn't block much more trackers than Ublock Origin, so if you're using that, Ghostery becomes useless.
Also randomly shows its own ads (for its desktop app or premium) on browser start and when clicking the Ghostery icon.
Similar to other ad/tracker blockers, but shows ads.
Developer responseposted 8 months agoNotifications can be disabled in the settings menu. Would you mind sending an email to email@example.com with what trackers you found Ghostery was not blocking and where? Thanks!
- by Sandro Linux, a year agoRated 2 out of 5uBlock Origin is way bettter than this browser extension and I do not trust the company behind this browser extension and I do not like the upselling for the premium verison
- by Firefox user 13667143, a year agoRated 2 out of 5Works, but lately it feeds you a bunch of ads. Very disappointing, but I'll be moving on to some other solution because of it.
Developer responseposted a year agoHi, notifications can be turned off in Ghostery's extension settings: Click the Ghostery icon in the browser > click the three stacked dots > click "settings" > click "notifications" > adjust accordingly. To turn off Rewards: Click the Ghostery icon in the browser > click the three stacked dots > click "settings" > click opt in/out > un-check the box that reads "participating in Ghostery Rewards" Reach out by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- by sameer.indirock, a year agoRated 2 out of 5Was working fine until a while ago. now every time i start firefox it is enabled but when i open a site like youtube or news, there are all sorts of ads showing. have to toggle it a couple of times to get it working.
- by Jake Bruce, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5I was using this ad blocker for months and it worked great. But recently it does not block the ad on YouTube. Sometimes, before the YouTube video start to play, there was a ad which can be skipped after 5 seconds. Please fix it. I don't want to see any ads. I'll give 5 stars if it was fixed.