- Rated 3 out of 5by DanielB, 3 months agoHi, Oleksandr!
Thank you for the great work in developing and maintaining this great plugin that I have been using for a long time.
The updating of climate information is not being done correctly. For example, marking 12:25 on my computer, I have these last update times:
- San Marcos Sierras, Córdoba, Argentina: 11.55
- Córdoba, Argentina: 11.10
- Buenos Aires, Argentina: 10.10
- San Miguel, Buenos Aires, Argentina: 11.55
The plugin is set to update information every 15 min. Can you check this, please?
Thanks in advance!
- Rated 3 out of 5by vertigo, a year agoI was going to post on the "support" site, & created an account to do so, then looked at several pages and didn't see a single post by the dev, and only a couple by a moderator. So it's really just a community support site.
I love this addon, but I wasted a lot of time trying to get the add location to work, since it was blank with a spinning circle. After a lot of troubleshooting and searching, I FINALLY came across a review where a user mentioned you have to disable HTTPS only for it to work. I also saw a post on the support site with the same issue. This is the type of thing that could easily be handled by simply putting a warning under it or, better yet, noticing if there's an issue and notifying the user of this potential problem. Instead, it's being ignored and unnecessarily wasting users' time.
Also, it would be nice if there was an offset to the positioning, since I'd like it in the bottom-right corner but then it covers the right end of Download Manager (S3).
- Rated 3 out of 5by Join2, 5 years agoNot possible to add city for some time now FF 66.0.2 and Forecast 4.20. Started in 2018. I do not live in New York so this extensision has become obsolete for me, sorry. Understand, more users with this problem but with some prehistoric versions FF and Forecast.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Dale, 5 years agoUPDATE as of 20190313 - and AGAIN other pop up from this extension !
I have now formally requested that Mozilla take action and I very much hope they will soon, - especially when there are SO many great websites to get weather.
Oleksandr ..... you've done some fine work with this extension and others you've created, and myself and other users offer you our thanks for doing so.
Now though, IT'S TIME TO PUT AN END TO / STOP YOUR PROMOTIONS PAGE from popping up every so often when it's neither needed nor wanted !
If we users want to see your work record it's easily available from any of the add-on pages for the extensions you've released, and we don't need any other reminders suddenly appearing and stealing focus from what we are doing !
I understand that you were warned previously by Mozilla about your extensions doing this but it seems to be happening again and IT NEEDS TO STOP !
Be advised as well that I am not (nor are other users) interested in your reply (aka your rebuttal) to this complaint, - just STOP the promotions page from ever appearing again (beyond the time of first installation) so we can be done with this and move on - and can continue to enjoy using Firefox - which is probably the best piece of software on the planet !
I sincerely hope this complaint gets resolved this time Oleksandr. I wish you and your family well. Thank you and have a nice day.
- Rated 3 out of 5by dharmaclaw, 5 years agoI like this add-on and find it useful, but unfortunately it seems to cause my tabs to crash when I'm browsing or refreshing a site for a long period of time. I've ruled out all my other add-ons as the cause of these crashes. I believe it also has a substantial impact on rendering performance. Unfortunately due to these issues, I have decided to uninstall this extension. I will be very happy to use it again if these issues are fixed or alleviated.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13972892, 6 years agoI would rate this at 5 except that with frequent updates, each time I have to reset my location and settings. Easy enough for me,perhaps not so muchfor those unused to delving into Add On settings. weg.
- Rated 3 out of 5by TiffanyID, 6 years agoI'm not liking the new WebExtensions design at all. I really hope you find a way around it. It just doesn't look any good at all anymore without being able to have the forecast days and satellite in the status bar.
I would say that while Firefox may be getting rid of xul stuff, there are other browsers like Waterfox which will continue to support both. It might not be a bad idea to at the very least enable users to use the xul stuff if their browser still supports it.
Don't get me wrong, this is probably my favorite and most critical add-on. That's why I'm even bothering to leave feedback. I never do.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Marcome Yates, 6 years agoI miss the old version that would be in your status bar and not a button to hover above it. I had the old version working in the last version of Firefox, but now they have this Legacy thing, and previous version won't work anymore. Wish the fixed version would work in statusbar.
- Rated 3 out of 5by cricri13, 6 years agoCette nouvelle version n'est pas pratique par rapport à la version de base ou l'affichage se faisait dans la barre d'état.
De plus actuellement en cliquant sur l'icône je n'ai pas de tableau récapitulatif.On peut espérer une amélioration de l'interface.
Beau travail quand même.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13107322, 6 years agowhen tab is blank the umbrella does not appear- it should
Developer responseposted 6 years agoWebExtensions Limitations:
1. Forecast bar will not be displayed on some sites from mozilla.org and google.com
2. Forecast bar will not be displayed on sites that do not have pages, for example error 404 (page not found)
3. Forecast bar will not be displayed on internal Firefox and GoogleChrome pages, for example about:addons , about:config , chrome://extensions/ , chrome://settings/ , etc.
4. Forecast bar will not be displayed on the WebExtensions pages "moz-extension://...." , "chrome-extension://...."
5. Forecast bar may not be displayed correctly on some sites. In this case, report the problem on the forum
- Rated 3 out of 5by Eric Klien, 7 years agoI agree with robert3353 that this add-on is the only reason I use Firefox at all. Here is how I got the add-on to work for now:
Note that I am using the add-on Classic Theme Restorer. I am also running Firefox ESR 32-bit as I attempt to hold on to features. You can get the ESR version at https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all/
You can find version 2.4.8 at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/forecastfox-fix-version/versions
Find Forecastfox under Tools / Extensions or simply at about:addons
Click on More.
Find Automatic Updates near the bottom of the page.
Click on Off.
- Rated 3 out of 5by geekess, 7 years agoand don't need two showing the temperature. I loved the previous version that sat in my tool bar, and allowed me to have the days side by side. I love being able to mouse over the radar and have it automagically show me how far away the rain is. The WU add-on already gives me (very) local temps in my taskbar with its icon. I don't need two add-ons doing the same thing. I've rolled back the update on my desktop since seeing the change on my laptop. I will be rolling back that update as well.
This used to be a five-star add-on, and I'm sure, will be again. But not right now.
Developer responseposted 7 years agoSorry, but the statusbar/addonbar is missing in new versions of Firefox.
The current version of Forecastfox is the version for the new API: WebExtensions
But I'm not guilty - these are the inevitable changes in Firefox.
All Xul-addons is die in Firefox 57 (November 2017)
But do not worry, I'll come up with a workaround and will return Forecastfox previous form