- by timtak, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Very good. It has regex. It can edit text in text editors or blog comment areas, or any other text that one can edit with ones keyboard (and certainly NOT only Google Translate, as claimed by another reviewer). The Regex is full on and e.g. /[0-9]*/ will find and replace a string of numbers between slashes. I was about to make a donation when I see that the management area of the app and above says that the creator was Blake Altice whereas the donation link links to the Paypal of a Dalimil Hajek in Edinburgh. My guess is that the former created it and the latter now keeps it going. And the next day the contribute links to "Imperium Strategy"! What is going on?
I wish that there were a short cut key for replace as well as to open the search and replace window, and that there were an option to keep the search and replace window open.
- by Rainbow_Spike, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Nice, but heavy, 945 KB
* If you need to use simple search/replace - use "Replace" from erosman, 57 KB
* If you need to use automated search/replace (but without regexps) - use "Search and Replace" from rwanyoike, 36 KB
* If you need to use more configurated substitutions list - take "FoxReplace" from Marc, but 1.39 MB!!!
No favorites, no history...
So I think this addon is the winner of my rating, 5 stars immediately
Even one problem stay - Shift+Ctrl+F doesn't work.
- by Firefox user 14032560, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Great add on. My only complaint is, why the shortcut is defaulted to the same as full-screen view on Mac? I mean, I would prefer it to search but Firefox makes it more complicated than it should be to change shortcuts. An override would be great. Regex > Fullscreen