Rated 4.5 out of 5
4.5 Stars out of 5
- by zenonz, a month agoRated 5 out of 5I have been using Exify for a long time and it worked brilliantly, but since the new add-on format has been released (FF 56+) it seems to have issues on some web sites. I see the logo rotating, but no data is shown unless the picture is opened in separate view - also scaling scripts seem to cause the same problem. I can send some examples. Seems to work well in Chromium based browsers though.
EDIT, adding some examples, both work flawlessly with old version of browser+addon:
EDIT 2: I confirm, that the issue has been resolved, great and quick support from the developer! Changing rating accordingly!
* if I can dream - there is one more feature missing in Exify which is available in other add-ons - ability to show lens info :) I'm interested in the technicalities and I check that info regurarly :)
- links removed
EDIT 3: Great news! Works well with many photos, but with some there are difficulties, like with this:
I tested with other EXIF viewer plugins and xIFr shows the correct lens information, while others fail, maybe Nikon uses another exif attribute for lens?
Developer responseposted a month agoThanks for your feedback, examples would be appreciated.
A fix was released, please update to the latest version (2.0.13).
Thanks again for reporting.
Lens info added, please update to the latest version (2.0.16).
Fixed in 2.0.18
- by Firefox user 13239242, 7 months agoRated 4 out of 5Great add-on, but it would be far more useful if I could whitelist sites (a list of sites to use Exify with) instead of blacklisting them (Shutting them off for each site).
Most images on websites are graphics and this add-on is not useful or, in worst case, cause issues with them.
I would only want to enable this add-on for photo viewing/gallery sites like Photobucket, Instagram, Giphy, etc.
Also, the ability to hide the icon and disable any overlay when no EXIF data is available instead of showing the gray icon would be a welcome addition as well.
- by Firefox user 13473242, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Very usefull, simplicity. Just à problem when uploading a picture on forum : Exifs appear under the picture verticaly in same style (font/size) than the view (see an ealier review).
This extension can be the ultimate exif tool if added
- Choice of informations to be displayed (in a preference pannel)
- Exifs can be add under the picture when uploading but horizontaly not verticaly and with the choice of the style.
Please developp the new standard.
- by Tizzi, 6 years agoRated 4 out of 5bon plugin, fonctionne parfaitement, le seul point noir est le redimensionnement des image quand la souris passe sur la photo.. :/ sans cela le plugg serait parfait !
Good pluggin but it resize image when the mouse pass on... it's quite irritating :/ with out this it'll be perfect !
- by capricorn888, 7 years agoRated 5 out of 5For me this is perfect, to see which cam, aperture, shutter and ISO have been used by other foristis taking their photos. I wish there was something similar for IE as well.
- by Pierre-Adrien B., 8 years agoRated 4 out of 5I've been looking for a good EXIF viewing plugin for a long time, and this one is the first that doesn't feel clunky or ugly ! Great work and a very good tool, simple and lightweight. Thanks for this ! Being able to customize the displayed data would be great though.
- by Kai, 8 years agoRated 5 out of 5The Addon itsself is great and works very well!
Would be great if you could customize the Exif-Tags displayed (like the lens used) and edit the names (for translation into german or whatever :p )