- by Daniele Mte90 Scasciafratte, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5It will be better if the icon to open the window will be in the text field and not in the browser that can speed the use of the extension (I removed for that reason)
- by Ohfeelya, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5....Symbols, that is. Dearest Dev, 'twould be so very nice if you would add the Infinity Symbol and the Egyptian Ankh, the symbol for Eternal Life, aka that delicately elongated '8' that lays on it's side. I know absolutely that a LOT of other fans would use these, not just wee me, Ohfeelya. Reading through all reviews, I get the feeling that a LOT of other fans have somehow seemed to have not discovered (yet;) Fancy Text Generator, nor what I used for the title of this post: Fancy Text Decorator, which (to my great relief) is how net friends who have popped up with their net names enhanced with long, wavy rows of type-decor that appears as if it were something requiring hours to make, are easily available within the Emoji app experience. Just look around all the goodies in the text world alone that have been added, allowing us the convenience of making it look as if WE have taken the hours of manpower and brainpower required to present such a way-cool looking title, sig, u-name-it!. Give us the aforementioned couple of symbols I asked for as the cherry on the next updated Emoji cake and I shall be one happy camper. Outstanding job, btw. You seem to be a very nice dev and I plan on putting you in my Who's Who Book of Devs. That, is an honor, I tell ya, because I am very, very selective. My devs have to be the best of the best and I have a lot of rules/requirements that must be shown in order to even be considered for entry in this very exclusive list. I will send a free copy to anyone who asks politely for one, as soon as I finish tidying it up a bit. Keep an eye out
- by three7, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5It's not working properly (FF 53.0.3) If you choose multiple emojis, will bugs your FB status etc - copy of copy of copy... Looks like megaspam... Example choose 5 emojis - they multiply x100 + your text too = chaos. But it was great some time ago...
- by Teagan, 5 years agoRated 1 out of 5If you are looking for an Emoji add-on you really only have two choices. This one "Emoji Keyboard." OR "Emoji Cheatsheet"
But there are problems with both of them. The "Emoji Keyboard" has ALL updated emoji's, including different skin pigmentation (or race pigmentation.) BUT regardless, while using it it doesn't work properly with some website (i.e. facebook, etc) . . it will almost always mess up anything you've written when adding the emoji's, and forget trying to duplicating the same emoji (adding the same emoji numerous times.) . . than adding a different one will mess up everything you might have just written. Moving on. . .
Emoji Cheatsheet works well with almost any website. BUT lacks respect for other races with not having different skin pigmentation (or race pigmentation.) It's 2017 and it's time to get with the program and stop living in the 19 Century!
Other cons with this add-on are that some of the emoji's listed don't even work and again, it is not updated with all updated emoji's available.
My advise is simply stop using both of them! By doing so, maybe the developer will realize that they should update the add-on. All add-on's that are not kept up-to-date on Firefox should be removed from it's website. It is Hypocritical for Firefox to update itself but not expect developers to keep there's add-on's updated also!
- by Novadestin, 5 years agoRated 5 out of 5Pros: I've looked at all the other options for such addons that I could find and this is the only one that not only copies the emoji to the clipboard automatically, but also inserts it automatically into the text field. Also, the icons are large/clear and organized into categories with a recently used section, and you can type your whole message in the pop out window text field if need be (rather than it just being a place to copy the emoji), which is useful for Twitter (see below). There is a search function as well and other useful links that don't get in the way.
Cons: As someone with a dark setup/theme, the large white box of the addon isn't very nice to look at, but it's not a deal breaker since it's only open when you need it (having a dark theme option would be appreciated though ^^). Also, when it updates, the icon moves back to it's default position from where I put it, which is kind of annoying, but again, not a big deal.
Other: The icon for the addon is the same size as any other (I don't know what the previous reviewer is talking about). Also, on Twitter (only place I have seen this occur), if you use one emoji and then go back to use another, the previous emoji disappears and just leaves a black space - this means you have to add all the emojis you want to use at once and then c/p them to where you want them, which is pretty annoying. This appears to be an issue with all such addons though, so it's probably a problem with Twitter and not the addons.
All in all, a very useful and well put together addon. Thanks for all your hard work!