- Rated 5 out of 5by Seika85, 3 months agoSadly, it's not working for me.
Pressing [Alt]+[Shift]+D just opens the menu bar (while still holding and not releasing yet) as if I was just pressing [Alt] (after releasing it).
(using Firefox 99.0.1 on Windows 10)
I think it has something to do with localization. I use a german translation, where the "File" menu is called "Datei". So [Alt]+D opens that dropdown for me ignoring [Shift].
Same for [Alt]+[Shift]+A, which opens the "View" dropdown ("Ansicht" in german).
I changed it to [Alt]+[Shift]+K in manifest-json and created the extension myself for self-distribution.
//Update: Don't mind me, I'm stupid. Since I hardly use any addons, I did not know of the settings area, where I can configure shortcuts for addons. Sorry.
For everybody as stupid as me: on your browsers addons page there is a gear icon. Select "manage extension shortcuts" (at the bottom) and configure to your hearts content.
- Rated 5 out of 5by m4xp1, 3 years agoWorks fine! If enable search by keyword then can't change default shortcut combination. You can copy and paste required char ctrl+c ctrl+v to resolve this problem.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14499831, 4 years agoI changed from 1 to 3 bc your v1.8 release made it to where the duplicate tab button works on android (ty btw) but keyboard shortcuts still do not work. Any chance you know how to fix that too?
Developer responseposted 4 years ago[To prior review] Thanks that's really useful feedback. I think I've found the problem as to why so many extensions aren't working on mobile and I've implemented a workaround. If you try again with version 1.8 it should work on Android now.
Unfortunately I can't fix keyboard shortcuts not working on Android because Firefox for Android does not support keyboard shortcuts. In the event Firefox for Android is updated to support keyboard shortcuts v1.8 should magically work with them on Android. I can't do anything else unfortunately because the APIs just aren't there :/
- Rated 5 out of 5by Soushi Atsumi, 4 years agoShortcut does not work. Default doesn't work, and customized combinations don't work too.
Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:61.0
When I pressed ctrl + shift + D (default), "Bookmark All Tabs" is triggered.
But I noticed this extension cannot override default shortcuts. After I changed the combination to Alt + K, it works.
I think default combination should be changed.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14142584, 4 years agoI really wish I could integrate it into the Address Bar :(
like: (Enable Right Click and Copy )
Absolutely LOVE IT
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13771277, 5 years agoHow in the world does anyone think that using the mouse is MORE EFFICIENT than using a simple keyboard shortcut? For real? I live by keyboard controls. I NEED the duplicate to be CTRL + K. If I had know the update was going to kill that I wouldn't have let it update. Now I'm stuck looking for another duplicator. All of them require a LONGER shortcut (3 keys vs 2). They aren't allowing a customization either. What a crock of elephant crap.Hi, this addon has never provided CTRL + K as a shortcut. I believe that shortcut already is used by Firefox to select the address bar, it does on mine. This addon provides CTRL+SHIFT+D which I've verified works on several linux systems and the CMD equivalent on Mac. I've also verified the ALT+SHIFT+D shortcut working on Windows. I didn't choose 3 key shortcuts deliberately. The reason they are both 3 keys is to avoid clashing with existing shortcuts in Firefox as much as possible. I wanted to allow a customisable shortcut and this remains a goal. It simply is not possible in the current WebExtensions options. The keys of the shortcuts have to be specified in the configuration of the addon, and can only be detected somewhat dynamically. Once I am able to register keyboard shortcuts from the settings page I plan to implement them.
If you need an existing solution now you can look into AutoHotKey on Windows or AutoKey on Linux (there are probably similar programs on Mac) and write a simple script to listen to a custom keyboard shortcut like your CTRL + K. An external program should then be able to detect keypresses that Duplicate Tab cannot (due to Firefox clashing with them) and simulate pressing one of the existing keyboard shortcuts of this addon to trigger the desired behaviour.
Alternatively you can edit the manifest.json of Duplicate Tab's source code to use a different shortcut and use the modified addon instead.
I am open to adding extra keyboard shortcuts, but they need to clash with Firefox as little as possible. I was never able to make CTRL+D work for example, which would have been the obvious choice.
Firefox 60 looks like it will have customizable keyboard shortcuts available so hopefully we don't have to wait much longer after all: https://github.com/Skeletonxf/duplicate-tab/issues/2
From Firefox 60 you should now be able to customize the shortcuts in browser with this addon, I still doubt CTRL+K will work however.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Too Tuff, 5 years agoCan someone explain to me why this add-on doesn't provide the obvious feature like Double-click to duplicate a new tab?Double click what? Double click the tab? I'm not aware of how to detect tabs being double clicked, and I do not think it is possible. Firefox provides mouse wheel press tab to duplicate tabs by default if that is useful to you.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13444270, 5 years agoIt has most of the features I'm looking for (on top of duplicating tabs):
- right next to the source tab
- keeps the history
Just one big missing point is a keybinding. I'd be glad to have Ctrl+Shift+D to duplicate the current tab, since it would help a lot not to use the mouse when you don't already have your hand on it.
I haven't found a way to answer directly to your reply, so I'll do it here.
I've rephrased the comment so it's clearer.
About the shortcut, I'll try at home tonight (on Linux), but here on OSX it doesn't work, I guess its because Cmd+Shift+D already exists :/Version 1.6 now includes CTRL+SHIFT+D and ALT+SHIFT+D to duplicate the current tab. I wanted to make this configurable but I couldn't find a way to with the current WebExtension api. If I find out that I can in the future I will make it be configured.
It would be easier for me to help if you put feature requests and bugs on the repository issues https://github.com/Skeletonxf/duplicate-tab as I'm not getting notifications when you edit your comment (and I doubt you get them for me).
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13363636, 5 years agoThis is an excellent extension! Thank you so much, author!
My one gripe is that right now only supports the Option-Shift-D shortcut for duplicating tabs (on OS X, different on Windows). It would be great if this was customizable. I'm used to having Command+D duplicate tabs, and it's confusing the hell out of me (I keep bookmarkin pages accidentally).
I'll be updating this to a 5* review once that function is added!Version 1.5.1 now includes OPTION+SHIFT+D and COMMAND+SHIFT+D to duplicate the current tab. I wanted to make this configurable but I couldn't find a way to with the current WebExtension api.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Hazon, 5 years agoDuplicate works properly now but there is a delay before the duplicated tab is made active. Maybe instead of waiting for tabs.duplicate add a listener to tabs.onCreated and assume the next tab created is the duplicated one, make it active, then remove the listener.I've now tried this and it is no faster at changing the focus. As the listener could in theory pickup on a created tab that wasn't made by the add on, I'm going to leave the add on as it is using .then()