- by Firefox user 13593688, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5This is super useful extension. I use it a lot.
Some suggestions for improvements:
* Allow possibility to "ignore" some open tab so it's not taken into consideration when checking for duplicates.
I had one or two situations when it would be useful (filters we not enough).
So for example when you have "duplicate tabs" list you could right click and choose "Ignore duplicate checking for this tab" (or some other better text) and this entry on "duplicate list" would get different colour or be in italic to indicate that we ignored this page. We could then click again and uncheck this option.
When tab is ignored then we don't see number that we have duplicate for it and "Close all duplicate tabs" won't close this tab.
* I have no idea what this "pin" do on different option sections ("Priority", "Filter", etc). Maybe have some hover over text that explain what it does
* Make this extension open source - this is of course you personal choice to keep it private. I just think it would be awesome and help improving this great extension even more.Your first request is something I know as I also need to duplicate tabs. :)
I'll work on something after the whitelist feature.
About the "Priority", "Filter", etc I've tried to explain this in the description of the add-on.
Filters allows to define how you want to compare the tabs.
Priority allows to define which tabs to not close.
I'll move the code on GitHub, just to have time.
Thanks for the review.
- by Claudy Dark, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Wer sehr viele Tabs offen hat, verliert schon gern mal den Überblick und es können Seiten doppelt geöffnet sein.
Mit diesem Addon ist damit Schluss. Danke ;-)
- by trallera1234, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Hey mate, nice add-on! I got the hint in the Git for Simple Tab Groups (https://github.com/drive4ik/simple-tab-groups) from an other user while asking there for a feature doing what your add-on is doing! .. and now: tataa, my problem is solved. And what i real like is the quick change of the options in the menue ... this add-on has all i need ... btw. i realy love the design! ;-) ... its a litte "ghostery "-like :-D ..
- by Senthil Ponnusamy, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Nice add-on. Works well. A minor issue. When there are multiple pin tabs with the same URL, this add-on closes the oldest pin tab.. It need to close the latest pin tab. If you could fix this, it would be great.I cannot reproduce the problem.
In my tests, depending on the priority set "Keep newer tab/Keep older tab", the newer or older pinned is kept.
Note: the newer tab is the tab with highest id, if you refresh a tab with a lower id, it will be the newer content but still be the older tab because of its id.
Let me know if I've missed something.
Thanks for the review.
- by zeeonmozilla, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Love the extension! If there's any way to enable blocking multiple tabs from the same domain/subdomain (just for specific domains) that would be really really useful to me. Thanks
- by Firefox user 13819814, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Hey ever since the latest update if you have the addon automatically close the duplicate tab and "On remaining tab" activate, this no longer works. It still closes the new duplicate tab but it no longer switches to the old one.
- by Firefox user 13522988, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Fantastic! I wish I could also remove EMPTY (blank) tabs as well beside that: reliable, perfect!Thanks for the review.
The blank tabs are not recognized by the API probably because it's an intermediate state during the tab loading so you never sure if a blank tab is a blank tab or loading tab.
I'll may add a tweak in future release.
- by Firefox user 13312508, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Nice! Finally found the option to not remove tabs when duplicating in another context/container using option scope -> container.
- by Rob, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Copied this review since it matches mine 100%
Wow! Excellent Addon! Great Job guys! :-)
It has closed all my Duplicated Tabs, which have been created by this Addon (Tab Suspender).
I give you 5 stars! I hope to keep up the good job.
- by Franz Schneider, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5A great extension that helps me keep CPU usage down by aiding in minimizing duplicate tabs. A plus is that the add-on provides options to simply alert user of duplicate tabs or automatically close them when detected.
- by Trevor, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Works really well!
Have a feature request:
I run into this case, where certain websites' URL behaves differently, where their hash part causes content changes to the site.
Wondering if I could have a list of websites which have their own specific set of filter configurations (for example on those sites, I'd like to disable "compare with tab title"). Could be specified by domain, or URL pattern.
- by Rogério, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5I use it all the time.
Only one request: please return the option to "Open popup" on duplicate tab detected!! I've always used it to choose if I want to close it or go back and enter other links... Now I have to choose "Do nothing", and actively look to the small badge number..... Please return the option to open popup!