Reviews for DocsAfterDark - Google Docs Dark Mode
DocsAfterDark - Google Docs Dark Mode by waymondrang
- Rated 3 out of 5by Valaska, 13 days agoI would love this but for some reason "Custom" doesn't just turn off the google page colour, it ends up making your custom colour one page, and the next page will be the background colour, and so on.
This would be a perfect extension if you never have to change the page colour to differentiate projects etc. I prefer a beige background for our main project, and grey shade for another, and a really dull robbinshell for my third project.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Graysongdl, 5 months agoOnly works on Google Docs "documents". While one would assume a dark mode extension for Google Docs would work for ALL services under the Google Docs umbrella, or at the very least Google Docs spreadsheets, it only works strictly with its namesake, which to me would be like adding a dark mode for YouTube videos, but thrusting the user back into light mode as soon as they view a YouTube livestream vod. Its description isn't incorrect, but it is just a bit misleading when I can still be on "docs.google.com" and not have a dark theme.
Doesn't even affect the colors on the main screen (where it lists your documents for you to choose which one to view), making it really jarring to switch between light and dark repeatedly.
I'm also surprised it doesn't have the ability to invert black text (to make it white) without also inverting all other colors. Works fine for grayscale colors, but when it also HAS to turn red text cyan, it makes it hard to view documents formatted by/for people who don't use this extension. The only fix for this is to turn ALL text grayscale, which might be fine for people who don't mess around with formatting very much, but not for me.
All in all, technically does what it advertises decently enough, but is lacking in features. I suppose I'll keep it installed just to darken the bar at the top if I can't find a better solution.
- Rated 3 out of 5by KillerZombie321, 6 months agoSome images in the document become blank images
Developer responseposted 5 months agoI apologize that DocsAfterDark did not work as expected. Please feel free to open an issue on GitHub or email firstname.lastname@example.org with more details regarding this problem. Thank you!
- Rated 3 out of 5by warpasylum, a year agoDoes not work on Google Sheets, which is where I need it most.
Developer responseposted a year agoI apologize if my add-on's page was misleading. This extension was made for Google Docs and does not have support for Sheets. If you have any suggestions for me, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com. Thank you!
- Rated 3 out of 5by Amazing Mr. X, a year agoIt's not bad, but it ONLY changes the document editing page itself. The rest of Google Workspace is unaffected, including the page where you load up different Docs. Not what I was looking for.
Developer responseposted a year agoI apologize if my extension's page was misleading. If you have any suggestions for me, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.