- by Le Roux Jacques, a month agoRated 1 out of 5I use Win7, Firefox 56.0.2 64 bits (please don't ask why). I must say that I use Dark reader for a long time and was quite happy (5 stars) until Version 4.9.35.
The (latest) version (126.96.36.199) does not work either on Win7+Firefox 56.0.2 64 bits (sorry I need this config). It displays "loading in progress ..." (or something like that) and that's it.
Uninstalled and replaced by the previous version (4.9.34) (thanks to https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/darkreader/versions/) works. Except that on the next load the automatic extensions update replaces it by the (last ) version. For now I have removed the automatic extensions update, not a big deal, rare are the extensions that update w/ my config ;)
- by Firefox user 16989899, 2 months agoRated 1 out of 5Firefox automatically updated its browser last night. This, and all the other, dark mode extensions I have attempted to use no longer work. The screenshots are totally misleading.
Developer responseposted 2 months agoFirefox now automatically enables High Contrast Mode when "Increase Contrast" is checked on macOS. To fix it:
1. Go to "about:config".
2. Search for "browser.display.document_color_use".
3. Modify the value to "1".
- by Nikita, 3 months agoRated 1 out of 5I've been using it for a while but there are always some issues.
Right now, on FF 90.0.2, it refuses to disable on certain sites (like Unreal Store).
The "Synchronize Site Fixes" and "Enable Settings Sync" options are completely broken. Every time I turn them on, they either turn off or remain on. One thing they DEFINITELY do, is to disable all my custom settings for sites, EVERY SINGLE TIME.
I understand "synchronize" option might be importing custom settings, but why would you even make such an option that wipes out all custom user settings without a dialog box confirming it?
OH you want to remove a specific site from a list of sites in the add-on? Well, I hope you like scrolling through a tiny list of sites, and thousands of domain names since this add-on never heard of a "quick search" option.
This is terrible UI/UX issue as well as bugs that haven't been fixed for ages.
The only option to preserve custom changes is to routinely manually exporting site lists and importing them every time you discover another broken site.
- by Firefox user 14255800, 3 months agoRated 1 out of 5This add-on glitched my account and now I have white text on white background if I don't use the add-on. Switching from light mode to dark mode affects all my pages. Would not recommend and I'm looking for a way to block this add-on and it's effects from my browser.
- by Firefox user 15871181, 3 months agoRated 1 out of 5DARK BACKGROUND AND LIGHT TEXT is soo much better! More customizability and most importantly DOESN'T SLOW DOWN OR BREAK PAGES!
- by Firefox user 14342004, 6 months agoRated 1 out of 5Я то думал, что у меня комп стал медленно умирать, что аж думал надо винду переустанавливать, а оказывается что-то сделал разраб, из-за чего прогрузка стала долгой, не знаю какой у вас должен быть комп, i5 9600 16gb 2400 и тип не тянет такой плагин, смешно.
Плагин полезный и очень удобный, чтож придется привыкать к свету, спасибо за проведенное время
- by King, 6 months agoRated 1 out of 5Its a good dark mode enabler for all websites..But it is making websites slow down..Its like monopoly..There are no good alternative like this and have to suffer..
- by Dark Thoughts, 7 months agoRated 1 out of 5Completely killed my browser performance, even after disabling and then removing the addon. Closed the browser after that and saw my CPU maxed out and my RAM being flooded to the brim until all background tasks were shut down after a while.