- by Firefox user 15298032, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5When googling, it shows the page in white for half a second before the dark mode "loads". Also why doesn't it even work for the firefox addon page? (THIS VERY PAGE!?)
- by Firefox user 14560203, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5Works for most sites tolerably, however it breaks the kindle cloud reader (read.amazon.com) regardless of whether it's toggled on or off, and regardless of whether you put it in the whitelist or not.
- by moeburn, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5Technically works, sometimes. But very poorly. I've seen other extensions do a much better job. This one basically has to have a custom stylesheet for each individual website to work properly, otherwise buttons are disappearing, menu items are vanishing, backgrounds are becoming transparent, it's not just changing the way websites look it's changing and breaking their functionality too.
- by alexg, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5On most sites it doesn't make it dark without bugs and it's too annoying to go through every other option every time for every site, and even then often some parts of sites end up not being ideal.
Would be nice to have a button menu with an ability to cycle through different presets.
- by Just me, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5Very good extension. However I noticed with some of the styles I'm not able to see some high resolution pics and sometimes they are barely visible, added to that the missing or barely visible content, so basically the only way to rectify this is to constantly switch between different styles depending on the site you are on which is very tedious and annoying, the styles need to be uniform across all webpages. Btw...If you can create #21 to have the same grey on black fonts as #8 that would be perfect.
- by Firefox user 13324101, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5The funny part: doesn't work on this page! :D
And, tho it's not too important to me- all those dark modes listed as options? They don't work at all.
I'd like Bernard, and all coders of extensions like his, to note that some crucial on-screen elements [like the "Rating" field with its 4 stars to click on for these reviews, are hidden when his (and other) dimmers are used.] Maybe it's not worth the work of fixing, but it is worth adding a warning, for confused and frustrated users.
- by fawn, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5Works really well across all websites, but its impossible to adjust the colors. I like the grey text on black background, but every link is really a distractingly bright blue. I went to options, and it listed a ton of "variations" but there was no apply button. I tried clicking a box, and restarting, but that didn't change it either. Why list all those color options if they don't change anything?
- by NeuralDecay, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5Unfortunately I can't submit this via your bug report system, since I keep getting an error message.
In Firefox 55.0.2 64-bit, when loading certain webpages (including http://mybrowseraddon.com/dark-mode.html) the browser displays an error message saying that the webpage is slowing down your browser. This happens all of the time on certain webpages (mybrowseraddon) and only some of the time on other webpages (duckduckgo.com). I am using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
- by Firefox user 11783868, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5I prefer Dark Background and Light Text by Mikhail Khvoinitsky: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/dark-background-light-text/.
You should try it. There are some obvious differences. And then some:
- It works with internal Firefox pages.
- It works with Windows High Contrast theme.
- It doesn't break any add-on pop-up panel.
- On facebook, it preserves original site icons.