- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 12563944, 2 years agoРасширение хорошее, но постоянно вылезает сообщение на желтом фоне вверху экрана о том, что это дополнение тормозит загрузку веб страниц :("The extension is good, but a message constantly pops up on a yellow background at the top of the screen stating that this add-on slows down the loading of web pages"
The only time I've seen real slowdown is during the marking of very short search results on a large page or using the Find bar to search across all tabs. When are you seeing the slowdown?
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 16274658, 2 years agoWhy is it disabled on addons.mozilla.org? Description of the Addon says it works on *ALL* websites.
Also, in my case, I had to restart Firefox before the Addon became active. To clarify, it did install fine, and I could configure the settings, but the quick menu wouldn't popup before I restarted.All content scripts are disabled by Mozilla on several mozilla.org domains, including this one ( addons.mozilla.org ). It's not just this add-on. Any add-on with features that rely on injecting code will not work here. https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/WebExtensions/Content_scripts
- Rated 5 out of 5by Leonid, 2 years agoVersion 1.26.1 works great. The last three updates (1.27.1, 1.27.2 and 1.27.3) do not work on some search engines, in particular on Yandex, Dogpile and some others - just a blank page opens.
Therefore, I remain on the old version.
Unfortunately, I don't have an account on GitHub and I'm not an experienced user, but I can add here: I found that all search engines on version 1.27.4 work fine in the Quick Menu, but Yandex, Bing, Startpage and Dogpile do not work in the Context menu.
Yes, everything is exactly as You said - I have an orange FF marker on those search engines with which there are problems.(edit3 - 10-19-2020) Were you searching a folder or a single engine when you observed the problem last? I've uploaded v1.27.5 which fixed the same problem v1.27.4 did, but when searching a folder as well.
(edit 2) Thanks for the reply. I thought the bug fixed in 1.27.4 would take care of your issue, but there must be another bug. I've tried all the engines you mentioned, but I'm getting good search results using the context menu now. Could you open ContextSearch options -> Search Engines and tell me if you see an orange (FF) next to those engines you're having issues with? If not, could you edit one of them and paste the template / method / etc info? It could help narrow down the problem.
(edit) Nevermind, version 1.27.4 going up. Context menu was not working with Firefox engines
Would you mind opening a ticket at the support site or editing your reply here? Some users seem to be experiencing problems with the latest builds and I could use some input on what exactly is going wrong. I tried adding Yandex to my install and had no problems, and troubleshooting is difficult when I can't replicate the bug.
- Rated 3 out of 5by nitestocker372, 3 years agoI really like this add-on for Firefox, but I found out it makes my surfing lag and locks up some pages even when I'm not using it so I have to disable it from time to time.
- Rated 5 out of 5by hg42, 3 years ago(not sure where my old review has gone...)
Definitely one of my top extensions. Adds a lot of efficiency to searching. Unfolds it's real potential, if you use a lot of search engines for more specific searches. Very nice and competent developer, he always had an open ear for useful suggestions. Keep in mind: Mozilla is blocking several possibilities for such an extension, so there may be some quirks. Being a developer myself, I can assure you, the developer does his best to circumvent such problems.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 12323397, 3 years agoWhen this add-on is enabled, Speedometer 2.0 score will drop significantly
What's going on?
Developer responseposted 3 years ago(edit)
I took another look at how Speedometer 2.0 works and why the slowdown. It's not actually a content script loading issue. The page simulates a ton of click events. Every click event triggers a very light "menu close" event and method. When the addon gets flooded with hundreds of simulated click events per second, it bogs down the page. It's nothing you'd experience in a real-world situation. The Speedometer rating flat-out misleading.
This addon injects content scripts into iframes to maintain most if not all function when searching text inside iframes.
When testing using Speedometer 2.0, content scripts are being loaded into the iframe every refresh. If that iframe refreshes 480 times, or whatever the actual count is, it adds up.
For reference, I ran tests while injecting this addon's code into the iframe, or not -
with iframe injection: 29.41 runs/min
without iframe injection: 63.66 runs/min
- Rated 5 out of 5by tomncar , 3 years agoProbably Top on my list of addons :o) Just love how you can just right click on any Site with a search box and add it to your list of search engines.
Hate that Google default is US ! Nothing against the US but by default a lot of the results are completely irrelevant to me .
Just so pleased . Thankyou