Expands the context menu's 'Search for' item into a list of installed search engines, allowing you to choose a specific search engine every time.
Search engines can be added or reordered in Firefox's Search Toolbar ("Manage Search Engines").
Once the search engine menu is visible:
- Left click to search in a new background tab.
- Middle click to search in a new tab and switch to that tab immediately.
- Ctrl+click to search in a new tab and switch to that tab immediately.
If you have Firefox set to switch to new tabs immediately, the above key combinations will have the inverse effect.
Shift + click opens search results in a new window.Hidden Preferences
- extensions.contextsearch.clickMenuToSearch: Should clicking on the menu itself search with the default search engine (default false)... note: has no effect if standard menu item is shown, behaviour will be disabled as the standard item is available.
- extensions.contextsearch.hideStandardContextItem: Should the standard menu item be hidden (default true).
- extensions.contextsearch.separatorItems: A comma-separated list of search engines. A menu separator will be added before each.
- extensions.contextsearch.quoteStringsWithSpaces: Automatically surround search strings that contain spaces with quotes).