- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 15033454, 2 months agoRegex search is handy, but for some reason the developer decided to hijack the word "find" in the search bar, with no option to disable it or change the keyword. Very annoying, and disruptive enough that I'm uninstalling the addon.
- Rated 3 out of 5by sgdl-pers, 10 months agoWorks great for searching normally and with regex. However, it hijacks the word "find" with NO option to disable it, which I do not like. Search hijacking is something trashy malware does and if its a feature it should be optional.
- Rated 4 out of 5by PeaceByJesus.net, a year agoA welcome addition to the deficient default find in page function, however, while I choose to highlight all occurrences of a search word (I read the wrench icon page) which can help, yet the search box disappears from view once you click in the page or a word to copy one instance of it.
Nor does it stay in view across tabs, which is an option that many users have requested of Firefox.
Otherwise, if you want to search again for the same word in the page (after clicking on the page ow word) rather than looking for highlights, or you want to search for the same word on another tab then you need to click the icon again.
Using F3 invokes the FF default find in page, which inconsistently sometimes remains in view, if not always keeping the same last search term. A bug has been filed.
All these years and many of us are still waiting for a true replacement of the old FindBar Tweak, though it did not allow Regex.
Note that I have hundreds of tabs open and do much research, and use a desktop, thus not being an average user.
Thank God for such developers as you who help us, Thanks.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Jon Q. Public, a year agoContent of page is deleted when moving from one search result to the next. Repro:
- go to https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/F50AFABA-4CDE-4A95-84D0-CA4C61819FEB/search?ingress=2&terms=tablets
- search with regex: [0-9.]+"
- click the down button 2+ times until the page scrolls
- Expected result: page would scroll or jump, and highlight would be on next result
- What happened: the content between page header and footer mysteriously vanished
The extension looks promising, but this being my first experience, kind of put me off. Look forward to developer followup, after which if the problem clears up I'll review again and revise my review.
Update: I disabled uBlock Origin, the only other extension I had installed. Bug still occurs. I also tried repro with browser Cmd-F, didn't repro. I'll continue trying to use it and report any issues here.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Torstein Krause Johansen, 2 years agoThanks for making this add-on. This extension deserves a larger audience, has there been any attempt/interest in getting this into the builtin Ctrl+f search?
- Rated 5 out of 5by Brock, 2 years ago4 Months after my initial review: Amazing plugin. Thank you Mr. Richardson.
Great regex search plugin. The search function works flawlessly. I deduct one start, as there is no find next/previous keyboard shortcut (at least I don't know of one). Having a shortcut for these two features would be the icing on the cake!
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 17096977, 2 years agoIt's good for regex search.
But for some reason, this add-on takes over whenever you use the search bar for anything beginning with 'find'. You can only use it to see how many matches are on the page. Annoying and useless feature.