- Rated 3 out of 5by Shreyans, 4 days agoRecently moved from Chrome to Firefox and realized that the Bitwarden extension is quite slow on Firefox. I am on a fast machine (Apple M1 Pro), but the bitwarden extension takes about 5 seconds to load the passwords.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Adam M., 9 days agoPretty iffy so far. The add-on seemingly decides on a whim, whether or not to save new passwords. Occasionally I'll have to manually update generated passwords in the vault. Doesn't seem to recognize the difference between, "old password" & "new password" spaces in forms. The sidebar for logging in oftentimes doesn't appear. Lastly the UI is just painful to look at, but other than those problems, it's functional.
Developer responseposted 8 days agoThanks for the feedback! If you are having issues with the sidebar, try refreshing Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings as that doesn't sound like expected behavior.
Are you keeping your vault in a locked or logged out state? https://bitwarden.com/help/vault-timeout/
- Rated 3 out of 5by Guccifer, a month agoIt's almost perfect but the keyboard shortcuts to auto-fill the data are NOT working currently for my PC> I dont get why cuz on Chrome, on Brave, Vivaldi, it works ..here..it doesnt. Can someone tell me why?
- Rated 3 out of 5by Ricky, 2 months agoWith the free program I have several issues. The program continually asks to log into the program. Second I do find that the program will add the password to app log in screens. It does seem to not miss any passwords entered in a program.We're here to help, you can also use biometrics to reduce having to input your master password, see https://bitwarden.com/help/biometrics/ for more information or contact the support team directly at https://bitwarden.com/contact/
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 17685854, 2 months agoThis app would be great if it didn't force me to restart firefox after 15 minutes to allow it to sync to my self-hosted bitwarden server... That would bring this to 5 stars, until then because of buggy software its a 3 stars and that is being generous honestly.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 17682635, 2 months agoIt has all the basic functions and it's fairly inexpensive. It does auto-fill on most websites. It's missing a few features that other password managers have. For example, you can't have it fill in contact information like personal address fields. Also the syncing seems to be slow sometimes.
- Rated 3 out of 5by PeterPiper441, 2 months agoThis extension is really buggy on Firefox, especially in private mode. Please fix this issue. Other than that, it's a great extension.Let us know what isn't working for you at https://bitwarden.com/contact/ or file a bug report directly on Github with steps to reproduce for the team to investigate: https://github.com/bitwarden/clients/issues
- Rated 3 out of 5by Aseliot, 3 months agoCompared to extensions like Last Pass etc. I am not missing much except for the functionality to auto-fill in forms? At least I never see it appearing anywhere if it does exist.
Also asking for the master password again when copying passwords is missing?
Other than that I have no complaints, these features are not required to have a good experience but would definitely be very useful additions user- and security-wise.
- Rated 3 out of 5by mburkard, 4 months agoFor the most part a good password manager.
It's really bad at automatically detecting account creation and password change forms (a lot worse than OnePass and Firefox password manager) so if you're not careful to tell Bitwarden you're password manually it can cause problems.
Still my password manager of choice since it's free, open source, and feature-full.
Developer responseposted 4 months agoThanks for the support and feedback, it can help to disable your browser's ability to manage credentials: https://bitwarden.com/help/getting-started-browserext/#disable-a-built-in-password-manager or contact the support team directly at https://bitwarden.com/contact/
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 12775469, 7 months agoThe browser extension for is missing features that the app has. Some of these things are pretty important to make the extension competitive with other password managers. The biggest missing thing for me personally is the ability to switch between my personal account and my work account.
Developer responseposted 6 months agoHey there! There should be parity between Firefox, Chrome and iOS. Let us know what feature you are looking for, or contact our support team directly https://bitwarden.com/contact/
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14316038, 8 months agoThis extension is pretty good, but needs specific improvements in order to be worthy of 5 Stars. First of all, it does not coordinate with the MS Store Bitwarden App. This seems very strange. For example, I just changed the password for my VPN online at the VPN's website. I did this on my iPhone using the iCloud PW manager functions to generate the new password. I then copied and pasted the new password into the iPhone Bitwarden app. Shortly afterwards, maybe an hour later, I was using my Windows laptop and the Firefox browser and attempted to login to my VPN. When the extension autofilled the password, it was the old password. I thought, Okay, it must not have synced password databases yet. I started the store app and tried autofilling from there, and sure enough, it had the old password, too. So I forced a sync, and it now had the new password. However, when I returned to the Firefox extension and tried to autofill, it again filled the old password! What? So I had to force a sync with the extension before it actually contained the new password! This is nothing but stupid.
Additionally, why do I have to keep logging into the extension with biometrics when I've already logged into the app using biometrics. Or indeed, when I've already logged into Windows using biometrics? This also is a stupid duplication of effort and waste of precious time.
Come on, people. I know you can do better than this.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Xzenor, 10 months agoWorks okay but don't bother with the biometric login.. it's a buggy mess. Logging in seems to work and when you click it it's locked again. Useless. Just use the unlock password.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14281865, a year agoI'm basically very satisfied with the Bitwarden service, but this firefox extension starts to annoy as it has kept forgetting its vault and my configuration for simplified unlocking multiple times within a few weeks only. Couldn't even log in here without using the desktop app for the browser extension is busy with syncing for ages after login. It was working fine yesterday, but today everythings lost (in context of my browser). Haven't finished syncing even now after writing down this assessment.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Ikarisan, a year agoThis extension is very annoying iff you use it in "attached mode". Let's say you are creating a new account on site X. The normal workflow (for me) is to open the password manager beside the registration form of the website. You chose a username, enter it into the form and the pw manager... let generate the pw manager a secret password and paste it into the "new user formular" and so on. But this is really impossible when using this extension in the undetached mode. Every time you switch the focus from the extensions' window to the website the window closes and forgets all entries made (username, URL..). So it it impossible to generate a secret pw, paste it into the sites' form and return to the bitwarden window to save the new entry. The only way to add a new entry in a (for human) natural flow is to detach the bitwarden window from Firefox and enter the sites' data (username, password, URL, directory...) by hand one by one. :(
- Rated 3 out of 5by roadmouse, a year agov1.56.6 stopped working in for me in FF dev edition 98.0b9 (64-bits) on Win10. Never had issues before, but I can't log in and just see a spinner. Reinstalling did not help, downgrading to the previous version fixed the issue.
- Rated 3 out of 5by flupke01, a year agoWhen not logged in, it keeps asking for saving credentials for sites. When choosing never to save, it will ask the same question again. Only way to stop this is by logging in. Even though I click "Never for this website", it won't remember my selection for certain sites. The second: The auto-fill feature doesn't work properly on certain sites and it's an annoying process to disable it.