- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14196056, 8 months ago05.07.2023 - Actually it doesn't work for me at all, but I can see it's good for others so I didn't want to devalue it too much.
But for me it blocks everything after the first facebook post. The ads and all other posts.
If I see it right after blocking the first facebook ad it blocks all other posts.
06.07.2023 - I have changed my first 3 star rating to 5 stars.
It started to filter out the ads but not the rest. True, sometimes it gets stuck loading the wall because facebook is trying so hard to pour their crappy ads on us.
07.07.2023 - Again, it does not work. If I had a place to send a screenshot...
Nothing loads and then fragmented words appear on the left.
I'm struggling to get it to work, because yesterday it was really good to filter out all the ads.
24.07.2023 - It's not working again. For the last few days it has been very difficult to load facebook. It has tried very hard to display ads.
Now it is easy to load facebook and the ads are coming again.
- Rated 5 out of 5by eeeeeeee, 8 months agoUsed to work, no longer works.
Update: Works now again! Wonderful plug in.
Update(2023/7/4): It now blocks all posts doesn't matter if it's ad or not. All I see is the first post in my feed and everything other posts are just gone.
Update(2023/7/5): Enabled the extension again, works now just like before, not sure how to reproduce the problem.
Update(2023/7/7): It basically works... sometimes. don't work most of the time. When it doesn't work, only the first post in the feed gets loaded.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Haru, a year agoit work. but it kinda need time to remove the sponsored ads. its like you see a sponsored ad and in the sec it is gone.
01-Aug-2023 : not working. i am seeing ads everywhere. sometimes facebook is hard to load because of the add-on. need help.
22-Aug-2023 : still not working.
- Rated 5 out of 5by gh0st, a year agoWorking great, version 1.20 on Facebook as of 13 Jan 2023. Blocks all sponsored ads. There is a slight delay in loading your facebook feed, but that's just how things are with the garbage that meta feeds our page (one ad every 3 posts? Seriously?!) and how their ads are served. These need to be blocked in a very particular way.
If a version stops working, it is probably because facebook is feeding ads in a slightly different way to combat the ad blockers.
This facebook ad blocker is a good one, and seems to be updated quite frequently. Thank you dev, great work!
- Rated 4 out of 5by zbluebugz, a year agoEarlier versions, 1.16-1.19, were not working for me in FB. After sending feedback to the developer, they resolved the various issues with the code.
Review based on version 1.20.
Works in FF without errors.
Filters sponsored posts on News feed pages only.
Developer responseposted a year agoReply to edit: I know what the bug is. The bug is that it is failing at hiding the righthand sidebar ad. This code is first trying to hide righthand sidebar ad, and then the newsfeed ads. Because it fails at the first step, it doesn't get to the second step of the newsfeed ad.
The fix for this is to wrap it in a try-catch, and I'll have it console.error out.
Thank you for your report. A decent % of users reported this wasn't working for them on the Chrome store and I had now idea how to reproduce the error.
LATEST UPDATE: I just published a new version 1.17. Can you try it and check whether it works for you?
- Rated 4 out of 5by Darkestnoir, a year agoWorks for now, but a option for also blocking "suggested content" and "shorts" would be nice ^^
I checked the code, looks fine :)
But there is a small error "Reading manifest: Property "action" is unsupported in Manifest Version 2" in version 1.13, but nothing serious ;)
- Rated 5 out of 5by Phoenix_IV, a year agoFollowed author's invitation to try this instead of the outdated/broken https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/fb_ad_block/
Works. Requires permission for private tabs when combined with "Facebook Container" add-on.
Reviewed version labeled 1.12 dated on Nov 12, 2022 for malicious code, none found. Please beware this is no guarantee especially for future updates.